But there was no deathfic warning, which made me angry.
I know we've gone through this more than once, but just to make it clear once again - a deathfic warning is not mandatory on this forum.

Authors may, if they so choose, be extra nice and put a deathfic warning at the start of their story in order to respect the feelings of those who don't like the genre.

However, it is just that. Their choice. Some authors don't like warnings because it may spoil a surprise ending. Others just plain don't believe in them.

And if an author doesn't want to use a warning, there's no requirement for them to do so.

Now, we can go through yet another thread here on this subject, and round and round in ever decreasing circles on it, (how many times have we had this topic show up now?) but it's not going to make a blind bit of difference. Warnings on this forum are the authors' choice, entirely up to them.

So, let me add my own plea...please, please, please...don't make me bring out that poor dead horse again. It's been beaten enough! wink

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers