Okay, I intend, in whatever I write after this paragraph, to be friendly, reasonable, polite and non-combative. If anyone feels I'm not being any of those things, then it's because I'm expressing myself badly and not because I don't genuinely want to be all of those things. smile

Here goes...

Schoolmarm, how about sharing some of the other subjects in that book which have caught your eye? The introspection debate is clearly a touchy subject, so rather than fan the flames of a heated debate, why not pass onto another topic which we can all enjoy discussing? Given the discussions which have taken place in the past on grammar and other related topics, I don't think it's logical to say that no-one here is interested in learning or reading more about their craft - particularly as Pam is 'here' and was the person who recommended this book to you in the first place. smile

How about the use of speech tags in dialogue? Or plot construction - lots of us have trouble with 'A' plots, so how about some discussion on that subject? How about the trials and tribulations of creating original characters? Or the pros and cons of writing to a pre-prepared plan? The list is endless!

Yvonne