Well, I certainly didn't mean to stir up a hornet's nest by posting an excerpt from a book on improving one's writing. (Silly me -- I thought this mb was the one where people were interested in writing. wink ) I was going to share some more "tips" that I found intriguing (especially since I've been guilty of committing the transgressions myself), but since no one here seems particularly interested in learning or reading more about their craft, I won't "waste your bandwidth."

Pam -- in response to your post, I have two things to say. 1) You wrote: "Oh, I don't like introspection/POV shifts within a scene/whatever, and this book says it's bad, so I have proof, proof! that those other people are bad writers, just wait until I tell them..." If you re-read my post, I believe that you will find that nowhere did I say I didn't like introspection/POV shifts within a scene, etc. nor did I say that other people were bad writers. I merely posted what a couple of people who make their living by editing other people's fiction said. (From a book you recommended to me in the first place.) There were several other major points I had intended to share; I just happened to go in page order of the book. 2) When I registered at this mb, I made a deliberate decision to use a nickname rather than my real name (I'm trying to pull my identity back a bit on the internet), but you insist on using my name every time you reply to a post I make. I emailed you before about it but obviously failed to convince you of my right to use my nick as opposed to my name. I can't help but think that I am not welcome here, given that my reasonable request is not honored. Did I miss the memo that said only people who agree with you are allowed to be called by the name they choose or post what they want to say?

Schoolmarm