I'll give a stab at a few:

1. Maybe if the woman kept her maiden name, she might have to show her marriage certificate if something came up with her child who had the husband's last name - to prove marriage? Or how about if the husband/wife was claiming that he/she was not married, so the opposite spouse whipped out the marriage certificate to prove that they did get married.

2. I would think that it would depend on the situation. An old person dying (somewhat expected)- get rid of their stuff right away. Within a few weeks. A sudden tragedy might involve more denial and so the person might hang on to the stuff. Could be forever, box it up and store it.

3. What Nan said. Also, I think with multiples there is more a chance of going into labor prematurely.

4. No clue

5. Hmmm..

6. Going with Nan on this one too

7. As long as I can follow from chapter to chapter on each story, I can manage to juggle two different stories being posted simultaneously. Now, if they are connected and involve the same characters in similar situations, I could see maybe getting a little confused.

8. Not if the stuff was given away to charities, etc. If it was given to relatives and friends, I guess it would depend on the generosity of those people.

9. I don't know the true legal stuff - my brother is an estate attorney so I could get you a really long winded legal answer - but my gut thinking is that if there is no will and no one contests anything, the stuff would just be open to whomever wants it. Anything left might be sold and the proceeds put into the deceased person's estate. If there is no designation of where that money is to be distributed, I'm guessing it just sits or maybe it goes to the government (never to be seen again). Don't quote me on that, though.

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah