I don't tend to read romance novels. I've picked one up on occasion, but I don't find them fulfilling enough. So, after I've read one, I can go years and years without reading another one.

Probably I'm that way because I grew up reading the Brontes, Jane Austen, Hardy ( I could go through the list but you get the idea) and I found that the depth of character and situation, the richness of language, metaphor and symbols. (Okay, I ended up majoring in English literature :rolleyes: ). Somehow, reading romances doesn't fill my inner needs.

Over the last 20 years or so, I've immersed myself in Canadian literature which I find very challenging, multicultural, and enjoyable. My favourite authors include Margaret Laurence, Margaret Atwood, Rohinton Mistry, Mordechai Richler, Gabrielle Roi, Roberston Davies and many others. (Do I get a Canada Council Grant for advertising all these wonderful writers? goofy )

Anyway, that's my kind of reading.

So why do I read Lois and Clark? I don't know except that I love the characters and the romance! huh

gerry/whose going back to bed because this flu is tiring her out.