After reading the 'mirror characters' thread and consequently experiencing a minor light bulb moment regarding the romance genre and writing styles, I'm curious - who reads romance novels and who doesn't? How often do you read them? Are you a big fan or do they mostly leave you cold?

I'm not doing this as a poll (yet), because I want to see if there's any correlation between writing style and whether you read a lot of romance or not. Readers, by the way, are more than welcome to post as well - after all, you are the audience for all this fanfic we writers churn out so it would be nice to know what you enjoy. smile

Okay, to answer my own question - I hardly ever read romance novels. I've always gone for action, excitement and intrigue in my reading, so a glance at my bookshelf over the years would reveal a lot of spy books, thrillers and detective stories. However, I'm not a fan of the purest forms of these genres - I like a lot of human interest and, yes, even a touch of romance in my reading.

Yvonne
(who's already changing her mind about the poll idea...)