Colleges differ pretty widely.

The college I went to allows small pets in the rooms -- like fish or hamsters -- but the room mates have to agree on the pets. At my sister's college, no pets are allowed. However, at my school, a large amount of professors bring their dogs to work with them laugh . And frat/sorority houses are allowed to have "mascots" -- one dog or cat.

At my college, students were allowed to move in 2 weeks before school started (although you could live on campus over the summer). My sister's college makes them move in the Friday before school starts.

At my school, we have 2 types of dorms -- one with rooms for 2 people and the whole floor shares a bathroom (all these floors are single-sex) they are numbered as hundred numbers, 1xx first floor, 2xx second floor, etc. The other dorms are suits -- 6 people per suite, individual rooms -- 4-6 suites per floor. They are numbered the same way with the floor as the first number, number of the suite 1-5 as the second number and 0 as the third number. And then the individual rooms are numbered A-F. For example, freshman year, I lived in Staley House 910C and my best friend lived in Taft House 324.

I believe journalism is a 4 year degree, but I am not entirely sure.

Hope this helps,
Laura smile

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve