Hey, fanfic quiz! Thanks for saving it, Tricia wink

This excerpt was from "It Only Hurts When I Breathe," by Wendy smile

"How about pizza and movies at my apartment?"

"Sounds like heaven," she whispered, her voice nearly as breathless as his. "But I can't guarantee I won't fall asleep right in the middle of it, like last time."

He smiled. "You know you're always welcome to sleep over, Lois."

"Am I?' She asked, and then moved her face forward meeting Clark's half way. They began to kiss, and Lois was not only surprised at how much she was enjoying his kiss, but she was also pleased at Clark's obvious enjoyment. His kiss was deep and warm, but unlike most men she'd kissed in a romantic way, Clark was not using the kiss as a means to an end. He was not trying to elicit an ever increasing feeling of passion. He seemed to merely be enjoying the kiss for its own sake, and was not trying to hint at a deeper, out of control desire. Lois found this so unusual and refreshing, that as soon as their lips parted, she hugged him. "I love you, Clark," she said, and was shocked that she had said the words aloud.

She felt Clark sigh heavily. Was it a sigh of relief? Was it the type of sigh that comes just before a lecture on misreading another person's intentions? Clark put his hand on the back of her head pulling her in closer. "I love you too, Lois." His voice broke slightly. "I love you so very much." Relief.
PJ cool

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K