Oh, it's the beautifully waffy Friends and Lovers, by Wendy Richards. smile

Here's another one:

"Oh, Clark!" Lois dropped the forgotten TV guide and rushed across the intervening space to throw herself into his arms. "Oh, my god, I was so afraid that I might lose you." She began to shower him with tiny, quick kisses about his face and neck as the tears began to flow in earnest from her eyes.

Clark stumbled briefly when Lois first launched herself into his arms but he instinctively wrapped his arms around her to hold her off the floor. It was obvious that he had no idea what was happening or why. His mind was in such a confused state that he couldn't even enjoy the attention Lois was giving him. He finally had to pry her away from him enough for him to look at her.

"Lois?" In his confusion he searched for coherent thoughts but only one name came to mind. "Luthor?"

Lois looked back through the veil of her tears. "He's dead. Jumped off his own penthouse balcony. I saw the whole thing, it was really pretty awful." She resumed kissing him.

Clark forced her back again. "Did you ... I mean are you ...?"

"No, we're not married. I stopped the wedding just before Perry and Henderson and his men came charging in like the light brigade. Lex got away from the police and since he couldn't escape, and couldn't face the prospect of prison, he jumped." She snuck another quick kiss. "Oh, Clark, you don't know how scared I was . You were in that coma and then those vile researchers wanted to dissect you, and ... "

"Lois?" Clark walked over and placed Lois on the couch, sitting down next to her. He plucked at his tights, and fingered his bandage again. He looked up at Lois questioningly. "What happened?"
Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~