Well, considering I think I have most of this story memorized (I've read it so many times), I can't resist answering. ML Thompson's fantastic First Comes Marriage. [Linked Image]

OK, here's another wonderful excerpt, from a different path that the BatP/HoL arc could have taken, that day in the park...

Lois's senses were drowning. The feeling of Clark's lips stroking hers was sending a heady rush down her spine, making it impossible to think beyond the realm of sensations assaulting her. She couldn't believe it was happening...it couldn't *be* happening...it wasn't happening...oh god, Clark....

At their own volition, her hands came up to frame his face, but they didn't push him away. Instead, they explored the smooth skin of his cheeks, the firm set of his jaw, the silken mass of his hair, and she sighed against his mouth as he deepened the kiss in response to her unhurried caress.

She should pull *away*. Pull away and scream, yell at him, hit him, possibly murder him with an axe or something. The guy had no shame at all! She couldn't believe his gall, kissing her so wonderfully when she'd just told him she didn't...oh, goodness...

His lips left hers for a moment to trail a moist path down her throat, and she gasped in pleasure, heedless of anyone who could see or hear them in this very public place. She'd just turned him down, for heaven's sake! He should have looked miserable, stiffened his stance, and gone away to lick his wounds, not...not kiss her so delicately and lovingly...and make her entire world spin out of control...

His mouth returned to hers, ravaging her lips with a passion that left her breathless and begging for more of his exquisite touch. His hands roamed up her back, tangling in her hair and pulling her closer, and she was lost, lost to the sensations crashing through her in waves, lost to the feelings assailing her as his kiss took her further away from reality.
Kathy smile

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5