I think I can be inspired by almost anything, really... I don't watch a whole lot of tv these days, or even listen to music. Most of the day, it's my husband and kids picking the tv shows and the music -- when it's my turn, all I want is quiet! goofy Um, anyway, I can get ideas from lots of places -- books are one of my faves. In fact, "Hearts Divided" was partially inspired by Bujold's Vorkosigan series -- sort of a new version of Shards of Honor wink But then I throw a lot of different things in the pot.

I think what really inspires me to write is a mood or a feeling. I've heard that people have three main modes of thinking -- visual, auditory, or kinesthetic. I'm definitely kinesthetic -- I don't see pictures, just get a feeling (which usually includes an awareness of supporting details). And once I've decided which mood I want to create, I have to figure out what story would work for it <g> Usually, I have some idea of that when I start, but I do really like to have the whole thing plotted out fairly early on. I can't write properly until I know where I'm going, and more-or-less how to get there.

Don't know if that made any sense or not...

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K