I started LST about 3 yrs ago or so, and I was in a dark mood. I had had a miscarriage, and I was unsuccessfully trying to get pregnant again. I was 34, and really wanted to be done with baby making by 35/36.

(Since then, had the baby, she's nearly 2).

I am a long time SF and comic book reader/afficionado. I am also a buffy fan. When Angel lost his soul, we saw Angelus come to the fore front, and although DB isn't hte worlds best actor, he played Angelus so differently from Angel, it was chilling. When Angel got his soul back, it was easy to see how people could go back to trusting him after a while, although it took Giles longer - he had murdered Giles' 'love', and had also tortured Giles, nearly to death.

Joss Whedon (creator of buffy) likes to portray the villain as the one you love the most. So we saw Angel get evil, and then later, our own, beloved Willow. We learned to love the vengeance demon Anya after she was forced to become human again after flubbing up a wish.

I was intrigued by that: Same face/same body - different 'essences'. In willow and anya's case , it was them - being good and being bad... but in Angel's case: The angel we loved was GONE when the soul left his body.

Later, more recently, we got Spike - a demon stunted by a government experiment, forced to discover his 'softer side', falling in love with his sworn enemy and then undergoing brutal trials to GET a soul - a vampire who SOUGHT to be human. A beautiful story.

So - my story is a pale imitation of that kind of idea: I wanted to portray an evil Kal, but couldn't justify our Superman getting evil and then back to good again. I liked it when he sort of lost his marbles in the comics and ended up wtih a split personality, one a vicious vigilante who thought he was human (gangbuster)

But mostly, I really liked the mirror mirror universe idea from Star Trek, and wanted to explore it here.

Sorry for the crazy and non-organized ramblings. I'm trying to outpace my kids, and one of them just woke up - so.. gotta run.

Leela

(Who is mostly influenced by Lois McMaster Bujold, Margaret Atwood, and Joss Whedon)

Silence is violence. End white supremacy based violence