What inspires me to write a story?

Hmmm, that's an interesting question. Well, I think I dreamed up fantasy worlds when I was a little kid and playing. Over time thes worlds became more and more complex. So complex that it was hard to keep all necessary information in my head. That's when I started to write little notes containing the most important informations.

Then the day came I discovered this super cool machine in my parents' bedroom: a computer running on DOS and later Windows 3.0. Ahh, the good old times. Then I started to type the stories I had only imagined before.

Since then many things have changed for me. I dived into the world of books and soon discovered what kind of books I like and which I don't. (I'm all for fantasy...Can't help it smile1 ) I started to see that there was something like a writing style and plot development and stuff.

Then came my phase where I was influenced by TV shows I was watching. I started to think up new stories revolving around those characters that weren't mine.

With my imagination working overtime I reached at one point in time the place where I was working of 35+ stories at the same time. No wonder I got nowhere with them....

Then I reduced their number drastically. I decided to delete some, other I put in the 'fridge' to be continued at the later time. And a small number I kept as WIP. Sadly, the only stories I manage to finish are short stories. The farthest I got with the others is the beginnings of chapter 2. thumbsup

~Sira who was probably not much more coherent! lol