"Lost in the shuffle" doesn't have to mean old... I confess, without the several enthusiastic recommendations I've seen, I wouldn't have paid any attention to "Lois Unbuttoned" which was just uploaded last week smile But I read it and thought it was amazing.

The story I was reading when I first thought up this thread was "Illusions of Candour" by Meredith Knight. (It's the sequel to her "All Sewn Up," a very short episode extension.) Not only is it incredible that someone re-wrote Illusions of Grandeur in a way that I actually liked, but it's got a really nice emotional plot. Plus the first paragraph is just hysterical goofy

Another one I really really liked was "Lois and the Psychic" by Annie Riley -- the title sounded flakey, so I took awhile to read it, but it was fabulous.

And I'm still in awe of what Nan pulled off in "Four Days to Nightfall." Clark hits the asteroid, barely makes it back to Earth, ends up naked in a crater... and is found by Lois Lane. Who's never met Clark Kent nor heard of Superman. (Okay, so it's not been overlooked, exactly, but I just think it's amazing)

One more obscure goodie... "Top Secret" by Julie Jekel. It's an L&C/Quantum Leap/X-Files crossover. As I recall, the b-plot is more about Mulder & Scully, but it was a heck of a fun read, anyway smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K