I had the same thought as Pam, Wendy, that the stake-out story was "Reminising" by Leigh Raglan. If I remember correctly, it also involved making out in the car, so you know I'd like it. <bg> She had another one called "Clarkie" which is a Thanksgiving story back when there weren't many holiday stories. smile

MENAGE A TROIS - 'Vixen'
Clark comes to the rescue, in more ways than one, when Lois is reluctantly maneuvered into a less than welcome date with slimy old flame, Claude when he reappears in Metropolis.
And if I'm allowed to second, this is one I was going to list in a follow up post. Likely the first "Claude" story, Clark is just too cool for words in this story. thumbsup There is also a sequel called "Pas de Deux" (hope I spelled that right; I didn't check it in the Archive) where L&C have their first real date together. The author introduced a mini-cliffhanger at the end -- not involving L&C's relationship -- that I always assumed was meant to develop the two-parter into a full blown series, but she left the fandom without continuing it. I always wondered what she had in mind for the next part! But it's not the kind of cliffhanger that would affect anyone's enjoyment of the story, so please don't let that stop you from seeking it out. smile

Kathy