Magical came up with an interesting story premise to illustrate a question she was asking in the fanfic-related folder With her permission, I am elaborating on the premise and turning it into a challenge.

Clark gets a lottery ticket from someone (Martha?), with the stipulation that if he does win, he must spend the winnings on himself. That is, he is not allowed to donate it to charity, to use it to buy anyone else a gift, or to invest it. He must spend it on something that he himself wants. What would it be? Let's say he won $50,000 -- a lot of money, but not enough to buy a house in Metropolis.

I'll get the ball rolling:
1) He might buy a piece of art or two.
2) If he could find a suit of armour that was made with a lead alloy, I could see him buying that and then customizing it as necessary to provide him some protection against kryptonite -- although his cover story would be that he just thought it would be a neat thing with which to decorate his apartment.
3) I recall reading a fanfic in which someone bought Clark a (signed?) first edition of "To Kill a Mockingbird." (My apologies to the author -- I can't remember who wrote it or its title.) Perhaps for this challenge, he might buy himself a signed first edition of a favourite book.
4) A lifetime pass to his favourite Metropolis-based sports teams.

Next? Let's see if we can come up with 100 possible answers.

Joy,
Lynn

p.s., The subject line is taken from the title of a comic book centering around gifts for Superman's birthday.