Originally posted by VirginiaR:
Originally posted by Christina:
[b] So basically he can't buy two tickets to Tahiti and just "happen" to have an extra one? $50,000 is a difficult amount to imagine using all in one or two goes with spending it (in small amounts) for others.

Spend it on a bachelorette auction where Lois is the subject of the date (I'm trying to remember how much the guy from Ireland spent on his date with Lois.). Then again, that would be going against the "no charity" rule, wouldn't it?
Patrick's bid was $10K, plus this was post-Contact break-up so buying Lois might not go over so well. [/b]
I might not go over well, but it's definiteoy true to character. Then I think the auction bid would definitely fit with the "for him" rule (it's fudging a little but not that much). He did get into the bidding before Patrick showed up if I remember correctly. I guess he would be buying an hour of her time with it, money well-spent, no?

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)