I love the "wax statues" idea, precisely because I always thought much in the Fortress was a little odd, to say the least. "Creepy" is actually a very apt description.

#37 would violate the "no investments" rule, although I do see why he might consider stock in the DP to be more than simply an investment.

Buying the Black Market kryptonite is an excellent idea. I suspect, however, that 50 grand probably wouldn't buy him all that much of it, but every piece disposed of is one less piece to worry about.

Joy,
Lynn

edit, p.s., Speaking of "creepy," am I the only one who found his Superman robots and the way he treated them rather disturbing? Those robots would pass any Turing test; they appear to be sentient and self-aware -- even capable of emotions, and yet Superman treats them the way he would a machine, rather than a life-form: He powers them up and down at will and he orders them about as if they were slaves. For a being who claimed to respect all life, the silver age Superman struck me as being quite prejudiced against his own silicon-based sentient beings.

I understand that the robots are only supposed to mimic life, not actually be alive -- but even if the robots weren't alive by some biological or religious definition of life, they were definitely sentient, and IMHO therefore due more respect than Superman gave them.