so, more than one rescue, huh? cool.

i like the detour to the south pole, and i'm glad you got the penguins in the right place. penguins are fun.

nigel's new life is interesting. was i supposed to recognize the guy he's living with? i don't watch too many british soaps.. wink i checked imdb, but came up empty.

i like cj's thoughts about greys and lines, too.

interesting point about the difficulty of buying off the whole jury. i hadn't thought about it. i'd just figured "he's luthor. he can do that." also interesting to see that CJ hadn't made the assumption that it was luthor.

oh, about US cities and a grid layout... try walking around in boston sometime. it started off as a place where people brought their cows to graze in a common pasture. the cows trampled down paths. people used the trampled down paths because they were easier. the paths grew into established tracks. the tracks grew into roads. a city developed. the narrow roads became 1-ways. so, the city was not only laid out by cows, but there are all these 1-ways, too. you're lucky if you find a street that goes more than a few blocks before changing direction. you can also end up going in circles because of the 1-ways. then there are the boston drivers, who have 2 rules: 1. stop for pedestrians. 2. if you're in a car, it's your responsibility not to get hit. i do love the city (every time mom points out some part of NYC that she really loves, i look at it and thing "that looks just like one of the average places in boston, only much grungier..."), but "sensible grid" doesn't quite describe the layout... laugh

getting back to the fic.. blush

i like that lois did her own research, and that she got so much done, too. i can see they're going to have a lot of deaths to look into, though. is there anyone alive in this universe with the same life?

good job explaining the jury selection. i see you've done your research. smile

interesting tidbit about one of the jurors being named myerson. not *too* uncommon a name, but i wonder if it'll come to anything. she could be a sister or a cousin or something.

great job, chris. looking forward to seeing where this goes.

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.