Lois snatched the phone up the second it rang. "Hello?"

"Ms. Lane, I'm agent Dan Scardino with the IRS"

She gasped.

A chuckle, "We get that reaction all the time. Back on point. I've left you several messages over the last week, are you avoiding me?"

"Oh my god, it's you?!"

"I'm sorry I wasn't more clear in my messages but federal privacy regulations forbid us going into detail where a third party might overhear the message."

"I am a bit concerned between the way you dodged my call and the stress I hear in your voice now that we will find something unacceptable on your tax returns. Perhaps you've been a bit imprudent in reporting your expenses? Padded things a bit here and there?"

"What? No, no. Of course not. It's just that, um, well, you know..."

"Yes Ms. Lane I do know. Like the Shadow I know what evil lurks in the hearts of men, or in your case women!"

"Huh?"

Never mind Ms. Lane just a bit of IRS humor. In any case I need to meet and your accountant today.

"Oh. Well---wait, what?"

"Will 4:00 work? Or is 4:30 better?"

"Tonight?"

"Yes, Miss Lane, so 4:00?"

"You really---tonight??"

"Perhaps 4:30, bring your records"

"Uh..."

"Really Ms. Lane, if there is a problem with your return we can schedule a latter session, say 9:00 AM next Thursday? I can block off most of the day? However unless you've been lying to the US Government I don't think this matter will take more than and half hour to an hour. So 4:30?

"Sure!!"

"Very well Ms. Lane, I'll expect you and your accountant and your records in my office at 4:30 sharp.

"No, wait---!" she cried, but it was too late. She grimaced and put the phone back on its hook.

========================================
Hey it's April 10.

Framework4