Chris, overall a good instalment.

I agree with most of the favorable comments that others have already mentioned. If there was anything that may have contributed to your feeling that there was a certain flatness to it, I think it would be the way you rushed over CJ's experience in the other world. By merely passing it off in a couple of sentences, then having Lois ruminate on it for a short time seems to not give it the attention it might have deserved from the long delayed build up we all suffered through.

You have Clark noticing Lois holding back on her reactions while Clark is supposed to be telling her all these incredible things, but then when Lois is remembering it later, we still don't get the depth of her reactions. How it must have seemed too incredible to believe to her, and what about this 'Superman' character? Did CJ even mention him?

Also, she's just a little too accepting about the other world Lois and Clark being married. From her internal comments I take it that CJ didn't come right out and say it, but Lois makes the connection that they are married. Why?

Also her reactions to the idea of them being 'fated' to be together seemed too calm and clincal. I would have expected more extremes in her reactions to that, both negative, and possibly positive.

Not really a big thing, but just some extra food for thought.

Tank the Retired (who figures that CJ will now have something else to 'share' with Lois... his coming torment over the 'superhero' stuff)