Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
FDK goes here for Sue S.'s awesome story - The Other POV. laugh

Okay, now that I've started this thread, I can go back and smile1 mention how much fun it was.

One little note... what's with Clark's hyper

Lois stared blankly at the contents of her refrigerator. "Don't do this to yourself," she whispered. "She made it up. She's the biggest, fattest, trashiest liar in the world." She slammed the door shut. "And he kissed her."
Oooooh. She's not talking about Superman here! notworthy

She shouldn't have sent him away tonight. She should have let him walk her to the door. She should have asked him in. She should have got a washcloth from her bathroom and offered to scrub that lipstick off for him.
Yep. Yep. Yep. and rotflol

The first was a spiteful kind of happiness that Superman wasn't at the after-party. Just as quickly, that joy faded. Why was he here? How many other windows did he visit? How many other gullible women had fallen for his charms?
Oh, poor Lois for thinking so badly about herself. For thinking so badly of Superman, because of Linda. [Linked Image]

He obviously knew she was home so ignoring him didn't seem to be the most viable option. Lois glumly went to the window and opened it.
She WANTS to ignore Superman? sad

Linda had made the whole thing up. She was willing to bet that, just like the movie, Linda's affair with Clark had been a figment of that tramp's overwrought imagination. Neither Clark nor Superman had kissed her.
Yep. Yep. Yep. Here's your Clarkie bear.

I've overgone my smilie count... must go to another post.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Columnist
Columnist
Best way to wake up on a Sunday morning is to a companion story! Loved the second POV! Great job!

.talk nerdy to me.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Part two - FDK - wave

And then the full truth sank in and Lois wasn't sure whether to laugh or to cry. Linda had no idea who Superman really was! No one did. It was entirely possible that she was the only person in the world who had figured it out.
Cry with happiness or cry with sadness for Clark?

If the lipstick hadn't already given him away, his response to that question might have. The calm expression that Superman usually wore disappeared in an instant. His eyebrow shot up and his mouth opened and closed a couple of times as he searched for an answer.
Ooooh. She stumped Superman.

Did he realize that this was the first time Superman had ever answered a question with unsolicited personal information? Suddenly there was a strange and exciting kind of electricity in the air between them.
That's right, he did, didn't he? Naughty Clark, full of slip-ups tonight. Electricity? That sounds good. laugh

"If Superman could have a girlfriend, it would be you."
You know, if she didn't know CK=Superman, he's just shot Clark in the back, right?

And if Superman was Clark's secret then… "Maybe I could be your secret girlfriend?"

Clark moved closer and whispered, "Maybe you already are."
Okay, Clark, you do realize that you think that she thinks of you as just a friend? How does that make her your 'secret girlfriend'? Unless you mean, in that secret fantasy dream world in which you live where Lois loves you? You know: Metropolis.

He didn't know! He had no idea that she knew. Clark had just crossed a major line and he had no clue that she was on to him. You're mine, Clark Kent, she thought. You just don't know it yet.
Oh, dear. Lois' secret fantasies have all come true. She's got Superman just where she wants him. On the bottom! Sorry, Clark, it was nice knowing you. I hope her torture is worth it at the end.

He still hadn't moved. Lois smiled at him as she realized she already knew the answer. He wouldn't be here tonight if he didn't. He could have gone back to the party, or home, or anywhere he wanted. Instead, he had stayed somewhere nearby.
I love her figuring it all out before he even speaks! So true for her character. clap

"You know, if this were a movie, we'd make love tonight. One perfect, never-to-be-repeated night."
See, torture.

He nodded, his fingers tightened slightly on her waist. "That's all that's been holding me back for almost two years now."
"You know, Superman, it's funny when you phrase it like that.... but I was just thinking the other day how Clark and I have known each other for two years as well."

"Lipstick?" His eyes closed, his shoulders slumped, and his hands dropped from her waist. "I'm sorry," he whispered.
mecry Pooor Clark. He thinks he's going to disappoint Lois. My heart breaks for him. He thinks that she's going to go to bed with Superman and wake up with Clark and be disappointed because neither of him was perfect. [Linked Image]

Okay, Lois, time to reassure him:
"I've never thought perfection was much fun." Lois giggled and shook her head. "And besides, it's only perfect in the movies."
[Linked Image] Okay, not very reassuring, so either Lois doesn't think she'll be perfect tonight either, or she's still torturing Clark, or she doesn't realize that she just kicked that pooor v.... very patient man in the crotch, which won't give either one of them a perfect evening -- self-fulfilling destiny. [Linked Image] Maybe she should wash his face first, that way neither of them will be reminded of Linda during the rest of the evening and that will make it perfect. laugh

Okay, back to re-read The Whole Truth. I see a vicious circle developing here... wink

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Awesome Sue, awesome. I love the insight Lois finally gets.

Everything inside her went still as she realized who had just flown in through her window.

"Is something wrong, Lois? You seem upset."
And finally Clark has the guts to come clean.
Yeah, I can believe he would be that insecure.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Top Banana
Top Banana
clap clap Delightful, Sue! Both of them! clap clap

This *is* my happily ever after.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I had to keep fanning the story to keep the fog from forming with all the heat coming off this story! Sue, you have Clark's number, and Lois is learning! But you better get a few ice cubes out so that the next installment doesn't burn up.

Don't know how stong I should emphasize that you need to keep one going!

Pat

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Aww loved it. Thank you also for extending the ending so that we could know how it turned out. Beautiful. Thanks. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Great stories. I love the way it was shown from both perspectives.

Superman is what I can do, Clark is who I am.
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Delightful! wave

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
huh

laugh

"We're both barefoot, both flushed, and we both look guilty as hell. Clark has finger-combed his hair but I'm positive mine looks like I was just f… fished out of the river."

<3 this fic!
'The Next Step' By Sue S.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Sue! This story is perfection" notworthy

Now you just need to post the next part to tell us how perfect their night went. wink Because your Lois and Clark is always perfection! laugh

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Kerth
Kerth
Good morning! smile

Virginia - Wow! dance Seriously, thank you! I'll try to answer some of the questions you posed -- starting with the "perfection" ending. I was saddened to see that you took both of them literally. I swear to you that Clark was teasing her. That's why Lois answers with a giggle. If he'd been serious, she would have been a lot more reassuring. wink I'll change it so that he says it in a teasing tone, just to avoid others reading it the same way. blush
he's being forced to watch a movie which makes his alter-ego look like an idiot. Ooooh. I just want to give the poor man a hug. He's probably wondering if that's how everyone perceives Superman. Poor, poor Clark.
Nah, it didn't bother him at all. To wit: That [the movie] was pure fiction, just like the kiss between the painfully wooden actors playing Linda and Superman. He was almost insulted, but the situation was so far from any kind of reality that he very much doubted anyone could believe it had actually happened. That pretty much sums up how he feels about the whole movie. I had that in the original version, but it took it out because I was basically repeating myself. I'll try to shade it so that it's more obvious he's referencing the entire movie and not just the "love scene". wink
Actually, doesn't Superman cup Lois' cheek without kissing her before she grabs him and kisses him before he flies off during ASU? Maybe THAT's where the director picked it up, just adding the kiss. And the words, what else would he say?
My thought process exactly! But this is Lois, and she's not thinking clearly in this situation.

Mrs. Luthor - Thank you! I'm glad you liked it!

Artemis - It was a very fine line to walk, having Lois figure it out without getting angry. Knowing that she knew something Linda would never figure out sure softened the blow for her. Clark came clean because there was no reason to be insecure. wink

Happy Girl - Thank you! Nice to see you drop by!

Pat - You thought that was steamy? Heh. I actually think the first story is more steamy, but maybe that's because I still have the parts that got cut living in my head. I wasn't sure if having Clark notice Lois' breasts heaving in that tight gown crossed at PG13 line or not, so I cut that. If you read it again, it was right when he gets all up close and personal and tells her that maybe she is his secret girlfriend. I won't be continuing this one, though. I'm supposed to be working on something else. The response to the first one was so overwhelming that I couldn't say no (and there was more to say).

Laura - You're certainly welcome! Thanks for always having my back!

Caincrazy - I'm delighted that you liked both stories. Thank you!

Sydney - Thanks! blush Yes, all my stories come with a money-back guarantee. :p

Lola - 2006? Ah, good times. <gets a little misty eyed>

Andreia - Sadly, there will not be an nfic continuation. I'm working on another story and all my dirty thoughts have to go towards that one instead.

My heartfelt thanks to everyone who nudges me along and keeps me writing. You guys are the best of the best! sloppy

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I'm working on another story and all my dirty thoughts have to go towards that one instead.
Yeah ya do!!! I mean.....what?

"We're both barefoot, both flushed, and we both look guilty as hell. Clark has finger-combed his hair but I'm positive mine looks like I was just f… fished out of the river."

<3 this fic!
'The Next Step' By Sue S.

BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Even awesom-er the second time around with your edits. I loved it from beginning to end from both POVs.

thumbsup

I liked seeing Lois' and Linda's reaction to the film. Can I say that I was gloating along with her at how awful it sounded? Then the transition to the revelation from Lois' POV made so much sense. Loved the reveal and the reaction on Clark's and then Lois' parts.

Virginia said:
Clark smiled at her before kissing her forehead softly. "I know we're turning over a new leaf regarding honesty, but if tonight doesn't turn out to be perfect, it's okay if you lie and say it was."
And there it is. Pooor Clark. He thinks he's going to disappoint Lois. My heart breaks for him. He thinks that she's going to go to bed with Superman and wake up with Clark and be disappointed because neither of him was perfect.
Actually, that's not how I took it at all. I read it to be Clark's way of saying that tonight was already perfect, but if it wasn't for Lois, then she could lie if she wanted.

And then the tease from Lois -- I could have read it two different ways, but didn't think of it in the terms you mentioned. One way I thought of was the reference to the gawd-awful Linda/Superman drivel they'd both sat through. Supposed to be perfect in the movies, but if their lives turn out differently, then that's better.

The other way is that Lois knows that Clark isn't perfect and that neither is she. How could life, loving and living together, always go smoothly? I think Lois would rather have a real life with Clark.

FWIW...

B

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Sue,

Wonderful story. smile1

The Lois POV was spectacularly done. dance

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Delicious. Delightful. Delectable.

There is nothing like the truth and the whole truth is even better!

In my wildest dreams I did not think that a companion piece could surpass the original, but it did!

This is the BEST possible comeuppance for Linda King. No way can she ever beat Mad Dog Lane!

Plan on hearing about the story at the 2013 Kerth Awards!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
love your stories, and your revelations! so happy you're still writing!

Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh, I'm melting into a pile of waffy goo. That was so sweet! Thanks for taking this part beyond the revelation. How nice to be able to read this story from both POVs.

Virginia said:
Okay, back to re-read The Whole Truth. I see a vicious circle developing here...
Lol, so true! Each time I read one version, I'm struck by something else which makes me go back and read the other. Maybe I should open two windows so I can read the two POVs side-by-side, like one of those parallel-passage-Bibles. smile

Thanks for posting so quickly! Now you've got me curious about this new story you're working on... Hope to see it here on the boards soon!

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Oh Sue, a companion story from you, and so quickly after the first. A girl could get used to this. I read this yesterday and have been replaying it in my mind ever since. I'm just in love with this scenario. Wish we could have seen it on the show. Actually, I take that back. Reading it from you is even better.

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Kerth
Kerth
It's beyond gratifying to see people come back and leave comments on this second story. My heartfelt thanks to everyone who's taken the time to brighten my day. thumbsup

Love you guys! sloppy

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard