Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
KathyM Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
I see no one's started the folder yet, so I'll be back to sob into it once I've finished the installment...

OK. whinging whinging mecry mecry [Linked Image] [Linked Image] Is that enough? I'm not sure.

At first I was absolutely infuriated with Lane for trying to trick Clark like that. How could she do this to him at a time like this - possibly make him waste precious time, even though there's nothing he can do? Yes, as always you know where my sympathies lie.

But when I saw the reasoning behind it, as angry as it made me, I realized that this was probably an important step that Lane would have to take to realize that she is not just a substitute in alt-Clark's mind. So, grudgingly, I can see her pov...

And the moment when Clark realized that Lois was gone was just as powerful, as full of agony as I expected you would write it. Of course he knew, once he got a good look at her. The guilt, the knowledge, just as I predicted. His images of Lois with alt-Clark. Ohmigod...

And Lois and alt-Clark probably need to have this conversation too.

I hope I can survive the next two days, waiting for your next post. This is so good, CC.

Kathy

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I wouldn't have believed it, CC, but you had me laughing all the way through Lane's POV here (and yes, you gave me the introspection I was looking for, don't imagine that I didn't notice goofy )! Yes, she's upset and worried, and rightfully so - but you wrote it so well and so much in character. That thinking of sending a brilliant story, so that she could seem bright and perky and happy...! laugh

I like how she wondered if she would like this Clark Kent better - and I laughed at her thought that he was every bit as irritating as her Clark. wink But all in all that was a terrific scene.

I don't feel as angry with her for not telling Clark the truth, though - she was disoriented, first of all, and very queasy, and I can certainly see her wanting to test the theory that the different Clark Kents do know their own Lois Lanes. And it worked... in spades!

But poor Clark! Lane was quite right to tell him that time didn't matter, but I can see him beating himself up continuously over the next while for not being there. He's being very defeatist at the moment, and I hope Lane continues to knock that attitude out of him. Hey, for all he knows there could even be a scientist somewhere in his world working on a universe-hopping device! eek

And the reunion of AltClark and Lois is appropriately bittersweet. (BTW: Loes??) I did like AltClark telling Lois that she wasn't in love with him, and so that's why she never got irritated by him. But is she seeking for something safe and untroublesome at the moment? Poor Lois!

Anyway, I can't imagine how you're going to resolve this. I hope you have something ingenious up your sleeve - it would be terrific if you had a way of putting things right without using the old deus ex machina of dear old Herb this time... but I'm in there for the ride, buckled in and waiting anxiously for part 6! wildguy

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Kerth
Kerth
Good part CC!! smile1

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
great dialogue, especially Lane's talks with herself!!!
can't wait for more!

Top Banana
Top Banana
Very nice, CC! It's very interesting to see what you're doing. The introspection on all four of them is great. Right now I feel very sorry for Clark and Lane. But somehow I think they'll find a way to comfort each other too.

You've brought up a good point about Wells showing up. It can take a long time. So they'd be stuck in the other worlds. Then what? I'm not sure it'd be so good to switch them again. It feels right somehow.

But I'm sure looking forward to more.

Wendy already brought up 'Loes.' I don't like that name either. I see it as a Dutch name, so it's hardly likely that it's being used in English. I'm even finding it hard to imagine the English pronounciation of it. wink

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Another complex and interesting instalment.

The problem that I see coming is that this is part 5 of 10. That means we could really get bogged down in a lot of self-pitying internal angst to the point of overkill.

If there are 5 full instalments left, something is going to have to happen to either facilitate, or confuse the resolution. We can't just have 5 more parts of the two couples moping around.

Time for some REAL whams?

Tank (who thinks that Lane was a bit insensitive to 'test' Clark, but will forgive her because she was sick and disoriented... and because he likes her better... she's NOT pregnant)

Top Banana
Top Banana
Hey CC, great part 5!

I was a little po'd at Lane too when I thought she'd string Clark along trying to see when he'd notice the difference. I mean..did she really think she could fool him? But I also came to understand that she needed to know for herself.

So now what? It's not like our favorite couples can do anything?? I'm looking forward to where we're going from here. I only hope you don't jump us like years into the future and then they swaparoo again!

Oh no..you wouldn't...would you? evil

~Liz (ahhhhhh! confused )

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great part Cc. I am glad that Clark reacted once he looked in her eyes. I do think that is important that Lane understand that her Clark really does love her. But it has to be awkward for Loes and Clark to be thrown together and not to know who the father is. I am looking forward to more. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Top Banana
Top Banana
Well, I'm pretty much going to echo what's already been written by the above posters.

I was angry at Lane - didn't want her to try to trick Clark at all. Of course, though, this completely plays into my persception of this Lois being a little bit harder - maybe even to the point of cruel - than the real Lois.

I'm scared to death that real Lois is going to think she should just stay with AltClark. She'd better not!

I'm kind of with Tank - since we are only on part 5, I'm having a bit of trouble wondering what could possibly in store for these folks for 5 additional episodes. I'm hoping that maybe they all get together at some point, although the nightmare or writing a scene! Oy!

Anyway, good stuff, CC. Keep it coming <g>.

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
Features Writer
Features Writer
CC
great parts
just read 4&5 - playing catchup
merry

Top Banana
Top Banana
Good morning. Thank you for those still coming along with this. Let's face it, this is one long story, and I would understand if you had wandered away by now, off to find a WAFFy antidote.

So, just a few things:

Lane's "test" of our Clark met with mixed reviews.

On one side we have LynnM, who still doesn't like her! Finds her hard "to the point of being cruel." Lynn, remember how I said to let me know when she became more sympathetic to you? Um...not there yet, I take it? Starting to sweat a little- but loving your strong opinion.

On the other side we have Wendy, who felt the test was in character and even funny.

(I don't want to tip my hand, show all character motivations, that sort of thing, and I certainly don't want to come right out and say that Wendy is *right*. That would ruin this nice thing she and I have going. I'll just encourage others to go back and read Wendy's comments again...)

KathyM and Liz were initially angry, but came around. Maria feels sorry for her. (A good perspective, LynnM! Not pushing it or anything. Just thought I'd mention.) And Laura said it was important for Lane's understanding.

Ok, Tank doesn't want 5 more parts of angsty couples in turmoil. I totally agree.

Next, and then I'll get on with it, I promise...

The nickname. Loes. I wanted something that speaks of an easiness, a familiarity. Something different than our Clark would have ever called her. Saskia's point about it being a Dutch name was interesting. Never thought of that. But I'm looking for something that is *not* Lo-Lo. (Couldn't hate that nick more) And I thought I had spied Loes in another fanfic. Did I not? Is Lois never a Loes anyplace else but here? Maybe I was just reading a typo? Silly me.

I'll think on it. And am open to all suggestions. In the meanwhile, it's still in there.

KathyM,Wendy,Jose,Joy,Saskia,Maria,Tank,Liz,Laura,Lynn,Merry, and Sherry- thank you for all of your good comments. You are keeping me sharp and I hope you won't be disappointed with what's to come!

CC

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard