Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#72762 07/16/10 01:34 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
As always, comments appreciated! laugh

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
#72763 07/16/10 04:53 AM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
*Happy sigh*. That was wonderful!

I especially liked the card's inscription. Sheer beauty!

I thoroughly enjoyed your entire story. Well done!

Joy,
Lynn

#72764 07/16/10 10:29 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Nice! I concur with mozartmaid and that line is also my favorite, Clark's note on the roses:
"Red for love, and yellow for friendship. Friendship surrounded by love, and love built on friendship. Yours forever, Clark."
Just wonderful and the best way to build a strong relationship - love on friendship!
love

EvelynC
#72765 07/16/10 04:53 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Really nice story. Very sweet. Thanks, keep on writing. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#72766 07/16/10 05:36 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A really enjoyable, sweet, WAFFy fic. I'm glad that you got them together (of course, I'm biased that way.) wink

#72767 07/16/10 08:27 PM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
This picture summarizes something that happened again and again as I was reading the comics as a kid, and what I have also seen in the Superman movies:

[Linked Image]

Superman/Clark Kent has left Lois. (She, of course, wouldn't strike a pose quite as melodramatic as this one, but she would feel as abandoned as the woman in this picture.)

Which is why my favorite quote from part 4 of your fic is this one:

“My article was written in the hopes of bringing back a hero to us. A hero who has lost his way, maybe because of the War, maybe because of--circumstance, maybe because…” <<of me>> “…of things beyond his control. The words I wrote were the truth, and I only hope that someday, somehow, they might reach the man---”

She stopped. Through the haze of lights, she thought she saw a flutter of red on the balcony.
He is back. But will he stay? I'm reminded of Sound of Music, and the song that the Nuns sang about Maria:

How do you solve a problem like Maria?
How do you catch a cloud and pin it down?
How do you find a word that means Maria?
A flibbertijibbet! A will-o'-the wisp! A clown!

Many a thing you know you'd like to tell her
Many a thing she ought to understand
But how do you make her stay
And listen to all you say
How do you keep a wave upon the sand

Oh, how do you solve a problem like Maria?
How do you hold a moonbeam in your hand?

Let's hope Lois can catch the cloud of Clark and hold the moonbeam of Clark in her hand. It probably helps that Clark loves her. I, too, very much liked Clark's card to Lois and his roses to her, courtesy of Abbey!

Welcome back with more stories!

Ann

#72768 07/17/10 02:20 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
This was great. I read all 4 parts in a single sitting and enjoyed it very much.

I liked the way you set the story in the golden age but applied elements from the story.

Very well done and very enjoyable. thumbsup

Bob

#72769 07/17/10 03:49 PM
R
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
R
Excellent! I loved it. It was sweet, tender and just lovely.

Hopefully we will see more stories from you soon

Kathy
www.chili-everyway.com

robinson
#72770 07/19/10 08:44 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Thanks everyone! Glad you enjoyed it! The roses scene was almost an afterthought---I figured there needed to be one more 'beat' in there between an almost reconciliation and full-blown honest love for each other. And I had read a really good fic about the yellow roses Lois had destroyed that brought the original scene from The Prankster (or the Return of?) more significance in my mind and so I thought it was a fitting bridge. And Abbey just couldn't help meddling one last time wink

Until the next fic! =) Happy reading! =)

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard