Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: mozartmaid FDK Courage 4/4 - 07/16/10 05:34 AM
As always, comments appreciated! laugh
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: FDK Courage 4/4 - 07/16/10 08:53 AM
*Happy sigh*. That was wonderful!

I especially liked the card's inscription. Sheer beauty!

I thoroughly enjoyed your entire story. Well done!

Joy,
Lynn
Posted By: EvelynC Re: FDK Courage 4/4 - 07/16/10 02:29 PM
Nice! I concur with mozartmaid and that line is also my favorite, Clark's note on the roses:
"Red for love, and yellow for friendship. Friendship surrounded by love, and love built on friendship. Yours forever, Clark."
Just wonderful and the best way to build a strong relationship - love on friendship!
love
Posted By: Laurach Re: FDK Courage 4/4 - 07/16/10 08:53 PM
Really nice story. Very sweet. Thanks, keep on writing. Laura
Posted By: IolantheAlias Re: FDK Courage 4/4 - 07/16/10 09:36 PM
A really enjoyable, sweet, WAFFy fic. I'm glad that you got them together (of course, I'm biased that way.) wink
Posted By: TOC Re: FDK Courage 4/4 - 07/17/10 12:27 AM
This picture summarizes something that happened again and again as I was reading the comics as a kid, and what I have also seen in the Superman movies:

[Linked Image]

Superman/Clark Kent has left Lois. (She, of course, wouldn't strike a pose quite as melodramatic as this one, but she would feel as abandoned as the woman in this picture.)

Which is why my favorite quote from part 4 of your fic is this one:

“My article was written in the hopes of bringing back a hero to us. A hero who has lost his way, maybe because of the War, maybe because of--circumstance, maybe because…” <<of me>> “…of things beyond his control. The words I wrote were the truth, and I only hope that someday, somehow, they might reach the man---”

She stopped. Through the haze of lights, she thought she saw a flutter of red on the balcony.
He is back. But will he stay? I'm reminded of Sound of Music, and the song that the Nuns sang about Maria:

How do you solve a problem like Maria?
How do you catch a cloud and pin it down?
How do you find a word that means Maria?
A flibbertijibbet! A will-o'-the wisp! A clown!

Many a thing you know you'd like to tell her
Many a thing she ought to understand
But how do you make her stay
And listen to all you say
How do you keep a wave upon the sand

Oh, how do you solve a problem like Maria?
How do you hold a moonbeam in your hand?

Let's hope Lois can catch the cloud of Clark and hold the moonbeam of Clark in her hand. It probably helps that Clark loves her. I, too, very much liked Clark's card to Lois and his roses to her, courtesy of Abbey!

Welcome back with more stories!

Ann
Posted By: bobbart Re: FDK Courage 4/4 - 07/17/10 06:20 PM
This was great. I read all 4 parts in a single sitting and enjoyed it very much.

I liked the way you set the story in the golden age but applied elements from the story.

Very well done and very enjoyable. thumbsup

Bob
Posted By: robinson Re: FDK Courage 4/4 - 07/17/10 07:49 PM
Excellent! I loved it. It was sweet, tender and just lovely.

Hopefully we will see more stories from you soon

Kathy
www.chili-everyway.com
Posted By: mozartmaid Re: FDK Courage 4/4 - 07/19/10 12:44 PM
Thanks everyone! Glad you enjoyed it! The roses scene was almost an afterthought---I figured there needed to be one more 'beat' in there between an almost reconciliation and full-blown honest love for each other. And I had read a really good fic about the yellow roses Lois had destroyed that brought the original scene from The Prankster (or the Return of?) more significance in my mind and so I thought it was a fitting bridge. And Abbey just couldn't help meddling one last time wink

Until the next fic! =) Happy reading! =)
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards