Next Thread
Print Thread
#72152 06/10/10 07:05 AM
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Well done, if somewhat painful to read. As I mentioned in my feedback for part 1, I have a tough time watching this part of their story arc on TV. I hurt too much on both of their behalf. It is a testament to your writing abilities that I am still following your story.

And if a frog had wings, he wouldn’t bump his butt when he hopped!
Thank you for that much-needed injection of humour.

Joy,
Lynn

#72153 06/10/10 09:00 AM
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
I agree with Lynn - it is not my favourite part of the L&C story either, because Clark being a lunkhead/noble just doesn't provide good consequences.

But I am enjoying the story and cannot wait for the next part! smile

#72154 06/10/10 09:01 PM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
hahaha, favorite line:

And if a frog had wings, he wouldn’t bump his butt when he hopped!

hmm intrigue, who's this patrick character? will he be a lex luthor type villain, or just serious competition for clark? interesting smile

#72155 06/11/10 04:07 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Excellent story SQD. I am REALLY loving this story. This part of the LnC relationship was hard to watch but I'm hoping everything ends up okay in your story as well... grovel

And Flowerpot, I don't presume to know how SQD is going to write Patrick, but so far she's following the LnC canon so I would say that Patrick is the same guy from the LnC episode WIEAK, Season 3 ep. 4.

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
#72156 06/11/10 06:21 AM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Great part, Squid!

Clark was really possessive in "Contact", in a very bad way. He wanted to break up with Lois and at the same time he wanted to control her. Admittedly he really just wanted to protect her. But he couldn't really accept that he doesn't own Lois, and he has no say at all about what she is going to do if he has broken off with her.

Martha had promptly given him a lecture about having his cake and eating it, too. His mother was upset with him about his decision to distance himself from Lois. He’d tried to explain, but repeating it had sounded so... dumb.
Yes, it sounded dumb because it was dumb! But go, Martha! clap

I really liked that Lois auctioned herself off. Of course, it is definitely possible that she has dived right in without checking the water level first. Again.

Looking forward to part 3 of this!

Ann

#72157 06/11/10 09:32 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I completely forgot about the green-eyed monster. dizzy No idea where you're taking this, so please, more?

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#72158 06/11/10 04:43 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Most interesting! I am impatient to see if this Patrick is like L&C canon, in which case, Lois definitely jumps in without checking the water level. eek

Great writing, and hope we won't have to wait too long to see your next installment!

Thank you!

EvelynC
#72159 06/12/10 09:07 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Where is part three! Everyday I've been checking the boards to see if you've posted more. More, please! More!! hyper

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard