Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#6164 09/10/03 06:57 AM
Jana Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Woo hoo! This day just keeps getting better! Two birthday stories for me! Hey, two Jack stories, no less! How well you both know me! Thank you, Saskia! This is a wonderful story! I always wanted to see more of Jack after Luthor accused him. I wondered what his thought process was. You've shown waht it was so well! That was a great idea!
But for all of his life, he had blamed everything on the system. He'd had a rotten life, and for the first time since he could remember, he was happy. Really, truly happy. But then, BOOM, this had happened. Maybe he just wasn't meant to be happy. If that was really the case, he would go back to his old life as soon as he got out of here. That life had been satisfying and brought in enough money, which was something he really liked. In that case, he should figure a way out of his prison.
Poor Jack! whinging I really feel for him here. He finally has gotten his life going in a positive direction and Luthor is ripping it all away from him.

And there had been evidence too, according to Mr. Creep. Evidence, my foot! For something he didn't do, that was highly unlikely. Darn it, Luthor had really thought this through. Jack got angrier and angrier when he thought of that... that... that crooked slimeball.
hee hee! I love this for all the negative things said about Luthor. I couldn't have said it better myself!

It was funny because as soon as he thought about taking a lie detector test, I thought that would be perfect. Then he realized that wouldn't be a good idea and I thought, "Oh, yeah!" smile

Freedom was just around the corner. It would go much faster if he slept a bit. So he started fixing his bed, just enough so he would be comfortable to sleep on it. While working on that, Jack started to hymn one of his favourite songs, Freedom by George Michael. He thought the song fitted him perfectly now. Just a few more hours, and he would be free again...

<and with that, we slip back to HoL...>
Yay, Jack. That is another thing I love about him, he doesn't lay down and take whatever comes his way. He has a lot of fight in him. The only way he's managed this long, I guess.

What a great story, Sas! I love introspection and I love Jack, so this was perfect! Thank you for the great birthday present!!

Jana (who is happy that her birthday can call attention to a wonderfully deserving, but underappreciated character)

P.S. Thanks again to Anna and Saskia and to everyone who helped by acting as a BR or anything else. I'm honored and, quite frankly, tickled pink blush to have two stories about Jack written for me.

"Don't you people have lives?!?" ~Joe on Wings

"An eternal, burning flame. Hope lives on and love remains." ~from Love Remains, by Collin Raye
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
So Jana I take it you like Jack then? Happy Birthday by the way. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hi, Saskia,

Basically, everything Jana just said! wink

I liked how you show what Jack was thinking. Poor Jack, always getting the short end of the stick, yet determined not to give up. Always resourceful, always thinking on his feet.

I also liked how well you wrote this, to seamlessly fit in with what we saw on the show. Very well done!

- Vicki

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Great stuff, Saskia. smile It's always nice, now and then, to read something with a perspective from a minor character and Jack was always a lot of fun.

clap clap

Oh and Jana:

[Linked Image]

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Nice story, Saskia, about a character that doesn't get much mention in most fanfics. It's nice to see what Jack thinks when he's in prison.

I like that he worked out Luthor's involvement in the bombing of the Planet and that the new boy in Juvey (sp?) is there to get him.

Hope to see more from you.

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Saskia

A great story! smile1

Tricia cool

Features Writer
Features Writer
Saskia,
nice job - good story

Happy Birthday Jana
merry

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Saskia, Groot krunststuk!! smile1 )

"Well, let's see, so far I've been given a glimpse of ritual crop worship, treated as your girlfriend, and I insulted your parents. No, I couldn't have planned this. Mmm, mmm." -- Lois to Clark, 'Green, Green Glow of Home'
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

smile1

Death: Easy, Bill. You'll give yourself a heart attack and ruin my vacation.

Meet Joe Black
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Nice story. smile1

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Top Banana
Top Banana
Thank you all for your feedback! smile You really made me blush. blush I'm thrilled you all like it. I've had some problems with Jack's characters, so it's good to see I managed to get it right. After all, he is a sweet boy. wink

What a great story, Sas! I love introspection and I love Jack, so this was perfect! Thank you for the great birthday present!!
YAY! You liked it, Jana. I'm so happy you do! smile1 Hope you had a great birthday too.

Saskia, Groot krunststuk!! fantastisch novelle, mijns inziens
rotflol Thank you! I'm having trouble to see this as a big piece of art or a wonderful vignette, but if you say so... Who's been learning you Dutch anyway? wink They forgot to tell you it's 'kunststuk' without the r. laugh

Well, Sas, what can I say other than it's just excellent?
Thank you!!! You really made my day, Sara.

And there's this:

Hope to see more from you.
who is impatiently waiting for the "next' story you write
eagerly awaiting your NEXT fic
I'll see what I can do about that. I'm busy with my internship, so I don't have much time (basically none at all) to write fic. But there's this idea in my head that keeps returning, no matter how many times I'm telling it to come back in half year. So who knows...

Thanks again Jana, Laura, Vicki, Rat, Roger, Tricia, Merry, S, Sara and Maria!

Saskia jump

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard