Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Dear Lynn,

I still consider myself a newbie, but I hope I can give you a piece of advice.

I've been having the same problem before: It just seems like all the good ideas are already taken! I have posted two threads about the issue, asking for help.

The answer is one and simple:

Write what you have in mind. The same idea can be written, re-written, re-written and re-written sooooooo many times and yet every story will be different from the others.
After all, the concept of the 'Challenges' is exactly this. wink

So don't worry and write what you have in mind, during reading fics!

Keep writing,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
YES!
What a great ending...great story! Well done! So how is Clark going to come back from the dead? Can you say sequel? smile wink

~L.L Wanna Be

"Live with intention.
Walk to the edge.
Listen Hard.
Practice wellness.
Play with abandon.
Laugh.
Choose with no regret.
Continue to learn.
Appreciate your friends.
Do what you love.
Live as if this is all there is."
~Mary Anne Radmacher
Top Banana
Top Banana
Thanks AnnaBtG, for the advice.

I'm actually really glad that I posted my story BEFORE reading some of the fanfics out there. I've spent the last couple of days reading some stories, and my jaw is on the floor with awe at how good they are! It's actually very intimidating because I feel like these stories could absolutely not be done any better - they are all so good.

I'm torn between the desire to read all of the great stories out there and the reluctance to do so because of the creativity drain it creates! I guess I'll have to find a happy mix.

Thanks!
Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I wrote this story before reading any other L&C Fanfics, and now that I've started reading some other authors' stuff, I wonder if there is anything out there that hasn't been covered before in absolutely wonderful ways! I'd hate to write something and have y'all say been-there-read-that!
Doubt it. <G> As Anna says, don't let it trouble you. Remember there are - as someone once said wink - no new stories, only new angles. TOGOM is one of the most rewritten episodes in the fandom, and yet you brought something fresh and original to it just because it was you writing the story and no one else. No one else could have written it just that way and quite like that.

The same applies to just about any story out there. Give any three authors the same basic clay to mold and they'll produce three very different stories, because they're not the same person.

Whatever the idea, with 2,000 stories (and more) out there in the fandom you're probably going to bump up against someone else's story sooner or later. It may be the same starting point, but it will be original to you all the same. And we desperate readers, who can never get enough variations on the Lois and Clark theme, will be here eagerly and greedily waiting to read. smile

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
And just realised I haven't found time to comment on this finale yet. blush

Once again, Lynn, this was a tour de force. Packed full of the most delicious detail in every line and paragraph which all added up to a beautifully rich and marvellous atmosphere - I felt quite spoiled. <g>

Wonderful dialogue, superb characterisations, some great, insightful points on the situation and a deeply waffy ending... <happy sigh> what more could a reader want?

thumbsup

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
WOW Lynn, smile1 )

"Well, let's see, so far I've been given a glimpse of ritual crop worship, treated as your girlfriend, and I insulted your parents. No, I couldn't have planned this. Mmm, mmm." -- Lois to Clark, 'Green, Green Glow of Home'
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Beautiful story Lynn... Definately can't wait to see more from you. Please write another story soon!

*Blayne*

Clark: You are really high maintenance, you know it?
Lois: But I'm worth it.

Clark: Not exactly what you had in mind, huh?
Lois: Let's see. So far I've been given a glimpse of ritual crop worship, been treated as your girlfriend, and insulted your parents. No, I couldn't have planned this.
Features Writer
Features Writer
Lynn,
wonderful story
and I agree that you should write more stories
merry

N
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
N
I read this first thing this morning, Lynn! Imagine, I had to wait 4 days and a blackout to finish it! But it was well worth the wait. This was wonderfully done. thumbsup Hope you have lots more like this in you to share. We'll be here, that's for sure!

Best,
Sherry

Visit www.marykay.com/sfmurphy for wonderful cosmetic products and an opportunity to enrich the lives of women.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This was truly an amazing story and such a fresh angle. I really, really enjoyed it. Yep, keep on coming up with your own ideas. Some subjects we never tire of. And defintely post this to the Archive.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Just finished reading al three parts. smile

Wow....

What a wonderful, wonderful story! clap

Looking forward to reading more!

Lois: Well, I like my quirks. I think they make me unique.
Clark: You certainly are unique.

Clark: You're high maintenance, you know that?
Lois: But I'm worth it!
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I too just finished all three at one go and I am just stunned.. what a wonderful take on the TOGOM ep and it's ramifications. Brava and I hope to see more from you. smile1

Marns
~pobody's nerfect
L
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
L
Loved this story, it would make a wonderful episode

* once a Lois and Clark fan, always a Lois and Clark fan *
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard