Oh, I'm so excited that I'm online when this final part is posted! hyper Of course, I haven't had a chance to read it yet, and I may not be able to string together a set of coherent thoughts when I'm done, but I thought I'd at least get the comments folder started in advance, out of sheer gratitude...

~*~*~*~*~*~

A number of happy sobs and tears later...

Wow again! Lynn, this has been a truly marvelous story. The torturous emotions that both Lois and Clark have experienced have been vividly and realistically portrayed. Your descriptions and use of imagery are just exquisite.

Once again, I don't know where to begin to pick out favorite passages. The conversation with Martha was excellent. I loved that when Clark found her in the barn, he hesitated to wake her up, feeling that she deserved to be wide awake and alert when she first saw him.

This was wonderful...
He would take it all and anything else she would give to him. Hatred or love, anger or joy. It only mattered that she was here.
and then, of course, their first kiss and declarations of love. [Linked Image] Beautiful.

The conversation was equally incredible. Heart-rending for both of them. I must admit to several anxious moments there, wondering whether this was in fact the make-or-break moment.

But they both learned truths about themselves and about each other, and have come through it stronger - and together. twins And yes, that's the way most (Tank would say all) L&C stories end, and this one was definitely worth the trip.

And of course I have to quote at least one more passage...
"My love for you is stronger than the hurt.”

Her words hung in the air, a tangible rope pulling them together and binding them with knots no death could ever untie. Lois’s hurt had been debilitating, but she’d overcome it enough to find him because she loved him. He knew in that instant that she possessed a power greater than all of his super abilities combined.

“You know that I’d do anything for you, don’t you?” he whispered, trying to comprehend what he’d ever done to deserve this woman. “I’d die for you.”
I'd quote the ending too, which I just adore and which ties everything together so nicely, but I think I've probably used up enough bandwidth here already... blush

Thank you so much for this wonderful story, Lynn, and I certainly hope you are already writing your next one, because we will be expecting one very soon. wildguy wildguy

KathyM smile

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5