Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: KathyM Comments: Save Me, Superman 3/3 - 08/10/03 10:49 PM
Oh, I'm so excited that I'm online when this final part is posted! hyper Of course, I haven't had a chance to read it yet, and I may not be able to string together a set of coherent thoughts when I'm done, but I thought I'd at least get the comments folder started in advance, out of sheer gratitude...

~*~*~*~*~*~

A number of happy sobs and tears later...

Wow again! Lynn, this has been a truly marvelous story. The torturous emotions that both Lois and Clark have experienced have been vividly and realistically portrayed. Your descriptions and use of imagery are just exquisite.

Once again, I don't know where to begin to pick out favorite passages. The conversation with Martha was excellent. I loved that when Clark found her in the barn, he hesitated to wake her up, feeling that she deserved to be wide awake and alert when she first saw him.

This was wonderful...
He would take it all and anything else she would give to him. Hatred or love, anger or joy. It only mattered that she was here.
and then, of course, their first kiss and declarations of love. [Linked Image] Beautiful.

The conversation was equally incredible. Heart-rending for both of them. I must admit to several anxious moments there, wondering whether this was in fact the make-or-break moment.

But they both learned truths about themselves and about each other, and have come through it stronger - and together. twins And yes, that's the way most (Tank would say all) L&C stories end, and this one was definitely worth the trip.

And of course I have to quote at least one more passage...
"My love for you is stronger than the hurt.”

Her words hung in the air, a tangible rope pulling them together and binding them with knots no death could ever untie. Lois’s hurt had been debilitating, but she’d overcome it enough to find him because she loved him. He knew in that instant that she possessed a power greater than all of his super abilities combined.

“You know that I’d do anything for you, don’t you?” he whispered, trying to comprehend what he’d ever done to deserve this woman. “I’d die for you.”
I'd quote the ending too, which I just adore and which ties everything together so nicely, but I think I've probably used up enough bandwidth here already... blush

Thank you so much for this wonderful story, Lynn, and I certainly hope you are already writing your next one, because we will be expecting one very soon. wildguy wildguy

KathyM smile
Posted By: TriciaW Re: Comments: Save Me, Superman 3/3 - 08/11/03 01:59 AM
WOW, Lynn! smile1

Tricia cool
Posted By: Laurach Re: Comments: Save Me, Superman 3/3 - 08/11/03 03:06 AM
Oh My Lynn. That was so beautifully writen that it made me cry. I was so wrapped up in the emotions of both Lois and Clark it was as if I were going through it. I loved Martha's little part too. Great job, I hope we see some more like this in the near future from you. Laura
Posted By: IreneD Re: Comments: Save Me, Superman 3/3 - 08/11/03 04:04 AM
Wow!

Lynn, this was beautiful, and I really hope that you plan on writing more stories. You're very talented.

There wasn't a single false note in any of this.

Irene
Posted By: KathR Re: Comments: Save Me, Superman 3/3 - 08/11/03 06:13 AM
Beautiful ending Lynn! And I agree with Irene, you'll have to continue to post stories for us.
Posted By: shells Re: Comments: Save Me, Superman 3/3 - 08/11/03 07:11 AM
Just wonderful.

Congratulations on a great story - I hope to see more from you soon!

Shells
Posted By: Supes1fan Re: Comments: Save Me, Superman 3/3 - 08/11/03 07:32 AM
SO I'm at work and I see....HOORAY Part 3!! OK, so I figure I can read it quick and then take time later to reread and savor every word..but then I read this..........

“You’re alive. You’re alive!” she breathed, seeking out his lips again, more hungrily. “I thought I’d lost you forever. Before I ever even had you, I lost you.”

“You never lost me,” he murmured, his own tears mingling with hers as he pulled her into a tight embrace. “I’ve always been yours. I’ll always be yours.”
Oh no... thumbsup
Posted By: daneel Re: Comments: Save Me, Superman 3/3 - 08/11/03 08:43 AM
wave
Posted By: Gabriele Re: Comments: Save Me, Superman 3/3 - 08/11/03 08:50 AM
Splendid! party
Posted By: Sorcha Re: Comments: Save Me, Superman 3/3 - 08/11/03 08:55 AM
dance

As soon as I got back down to Earth after my original euphoria that not only Part 2, but also Part 3 had been posted since I visited last, I thoroughly enjoyed the rest of this!

This fic was so perfectly balanced all the way through – a great mixture of angst, WAFFs, and powerful writing, which *always* makes a great fic smile . I love the way that once Lois found out CK=S, she was angry – this, I feel, is perfectly in character and suits her much more than being rationally confused wink .

The scene with Martha and Lois is also very well done – especially the fact that Martha didn’t tell Lois that her theory was correct outright – perfectly in character!

Losing somebody you love is absolutely devastating – you maintained a very good sense of this in your fic all the way through, and ended up on just the right note – a big waffy sigh!

This is a wonderful first attempt – heck, it would have been a wonderful second, third and fourth attempt had the situation arisen – and I look forward to reading a lot more of your stories in the future wildguy I hope you’re working on no. 2!

Sara (who wonders how long she’ll have to wait – not long, she hopes?)
Posted By: Saskia Re: Comments: Save Me, Superman 3/3 - 08/11/03 09:51 AM
This is just beautiful, Lynn. I love it. So heartwrenching whinging , with a lovely smoochie at the end clap .

Now you do realize you're supposed to write more, don't you? Looking forward to more!

Saskia
Posted By: malu Re: Comments: Save Me, Superman 3/3 - 08/11/03 09:55 AM
What else can I say?

Loved the whole story, loved the L&C reunion, LOVED the kisses at the hayloft (so WAFFy... <sigh>),...

You had me once again crying, getting angry, sighing, and definitely clapping at the end thumbsup

malu
Posted By: Wendymr Re: Comments: Save Me, Superman 3/3 - 08/11/03 12:52 PM
Oh, this definitely didn't disappoint, Lynn! As others have said, the Smallville scenes were perfect. I loved Lois and Martha talking, Lois looking for signs that her deduction was correct and Martha steering a careful course between not betraying Clark and not lying for him.

And then the reunion... clap

Wendy smile
Posted By: Kaethel Re: Comments: Save Me, Superman 3/3 - 08/11/03 12:57 PM
An excellent final part to a wonderful story, Lynn! Can't wait for your next story. smile

Kaethel smile
Posted By: Nan Re: Comments: Save Me, Superman 3/3 - 08/11/03 01:15 PM
Very, very nice indeed, especially for a first story and even for a fiftieth story. laugh I trust that this isn't the last time we're going to hear from you, is it?

Nan
Posted By: mariadferdez. Re: Comments: Save Me, Superman 3/3 - 08/11/03 01:29 PM
Hi,

Great story. thumbsup
Posted By: Tank Re: Comments: Save Me, Superman 3/3 - 08/11/03 02:56 PM
Nicely done.

Tank (who enjoyed the very well crafted story even if it did have a lot of yucky stuff in the ending)
Beautiful. As the other parts.

I wouldn't object on more... if you can write more, that is... this story is perfect on its own.

AnnaBtG.

P.S.: thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup
Posted By: lynnm Re: Comments: Save Me, Superman 3/3 - 08/11/03 08:08 PM
Well, what can I say? Y'all have been so great and supportive - you've really made my first adventure into the world of L&C Fanfic a lot of fun and really rewarding. All of your positive feedback has been so nice. I really appreciate it.

This whole story was inspired after I'd watched TOGOM in reruns, of course (when are they making those DVD sets, anyway?) and I started to think how absolutely awful it would be to lose someone you loved so deeply, and then how amazing it would feel to discover that they weren't dead after all. I imagined that the feeling of joy would be so great that it would overcome probably any other possible feeling you might have.

Also, I always felt like Clark kind of got a bum rap - whenever Lois finds out about his secret, she always gets so mad at him. But what was the poor guy supposed to do?

I'm finding that I write better when I get inspired by a specific episode, and I have an idea or two floating in my head about some stories I would love to see - one more along the nfic lines! But I think I'm going to spend some time reading some of the fabulous stories already archived first. I wrote this story before reading any other L&C Fanfics, and now that I've started reading some other authors' stuff, I wonder if there is anything out there that hasn't been covered before in absolutely wonderful ways! I'd hate to write something and have y'all say been-there-read-that!

Anyway, I'll be reading and writing and posting. It's so great to find a community like this - great people who share a fun passion! I look forward to getting to know you all.

Thanks again!
Lynn
Posted By: Gabriele Re: Comments: Save Me, Superman 3/3 - 08/12/03 12:33 AM
I'm finding that I write better when I get inspired by a specific episode, and I have an idea or two floating in my head about some stories I would love to see - one more along the nfic lines! But I think I'm going to spend some time reading some of the fabulous stories already archived first. I wrote this story before reading any other L&C Fanfics, and now that I've started reading some other authors' stuff, I wonder if there is anything out there that hasn't been covered before in absolutely wonderful ways!
Oh no, write first what's in your mind, and read the stories of the others after that!
Dear Lynn,

I still consider myself a newbie, but I hope I can give you a piece of advice.

I've been having the same problem before: It just seems like all the good ideas are already taken! I have posted two threads about the issue, asking for help.

The answer is one and simple:

Write what you have in mind. The same idea can be written, re-written, re-written and re-written sooooooo many times and yet every story will be different from the others.
After all, the concept of the 'Challenges' is exactly this. wink

So don't worry and write what you have in mind, during reading fics!

Keep writing,
AnnaBtG.
Posted By: LoisLaneWannaBe Re: Comments: Save Me, Superman 3/3 - 08/12/03 02:54 PM
YES!
What a great ending...great story! Well done! So how is Clark going to come back from the dead? Can you say sequel? smile wink

~L.L Wanna Be
Posted By: lynnm Re: Comments: Save Me, Superman 3/3 - 08/12/03 02:56 PM
Thanks AnnaBtG, for the advice.

I'm actually really glad that I posted my story BEFORE reading some of the fanfics out there. I've spent the last couple of days reading some stories, and my jaw is on the floor with awe at how good they are! It's actually very intimidating because I feel like these stories could absolutely not be done any better - they are all so good.

I'm torn between the desire to read all of the great stories out there and the reluctance to do so because of the creativity drain it creates! I guess I'll have to find a happy mix.

Thanks!
Lynn
Posted By: LabRat Re: Comments: Save Me, Superman 3/3 - 08/12/03 03:10 PM
I wrote this story before reading any other L&C Fanfics, and now that I've started reading some other authors' stuff, I wonder if there is anything out there that hasn't been covered before in absolutely wonderful ways! I'd hate to write something and have y'all say been-there-read-that!
Doubt it. <G> As Anna says, don't let it trouble you. Remember there are - as someone once said wink - no new stories, only new angles. TOGOM is one of the most rewritten episodes in the fandom, and yet you brought something fresh and original to it just because it was you writing the story and no one else. No one else could have written it just that way and quite like that.

The same applies to just about any story out there. Give any three authors the same basic clay to mold and they'll produce three very different stories, because they're not the same person.

Whatever the idea, with 2,000 stories (and more) out there in the fandom you're probably going to bump up against someone else's story sooner or later. It may be the same starting point, but it will be original to you all the same. And we desperate readers, who can never get enough variations on the Lois and Clark theme, will be here eagerly and greedily waiting to read. smile

LabRat smile
Posted By: LabRat Re: Comments: Save Me, Superman 3/3 - 08/12/03 05:40 PM
And just realised I haven't found time to comment on this finale yet. blush

Once again, Lynn, this was a tour de force. Packed full of the most delicious detail in every line and paragraph which all added up to a beautifully rich and marvellous atmosphere - I felt quite spoiled. <g>

Wonderful dialogue, superb characterisations, some great, insightful points on the situation and a deeply waffy ending... <happy sigh> what more could a reader want?

thumbsup
Posted By: RetroRose Re: Comments: Save Me, Superman 3/3 - 08/12/03 06:15 PM
WOW Lynn, smile1 )
Posted By: Blayne Re: Comments: Save Me, Superman 3/3 - 08/12/03 06:20 PM
Beautiful story Lynn... Definately can't wait to see more from you. Please write another story soon!
Posted By: merry Re: Comments: Save Me, Superman 3/3 - 08/14/03 02:36 PM
Lynn,
wonderful story
and I agree that you should write more stories
merry
Posted By: NearlyNoelNeill Re: Comments: Save Me, Superman 3/3 - 08/15/03 05:55 AM
I read this first thing this morning, Lynn! Imagine, I had to wait 4 days and a blackout to finish it! But it was well worth the wait. This was wonderfully done. thumbsup Hope you have lots more like this in you to share. We'll be here, that's for sure!

Best,
Sherry
Posted By: Artemis Re: Comments: Save Me, Superman 3/3 - 08/27/03 08:23 PM
This was truly an amazing story and such a fresh angle. I really, really enjoyed it. Yep, keep on coming up with your own ideas. Some subjects we never tire of. And defintely post this to the Archive.
cool
Artemis
Posted By: Xanabee Re: Comments: Save Me, Superman 3/3 - 09/02/03 10:02 AM
Just finished reading al three parts. smile

Wow....

What a wonderful, wonderful story! clap

Looking forward to reading more!
Posted By: Bumpkin Re: Comments: Save Me, Superman 3/3 - 09/03/03 06:06 PM
I too just finished all three at one go and I am just stunned.. what a wonderful take on the TOGOM ep and it's ramifications. Brava and I hope to see more from you. smile1
Posted By: LadyTpower Re: Comments: Save Me, Superman 3/3 - 02/21/19 09:11 PM
Loved this story, it would make a wonderful episode
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards