Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
KathyM Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Oh, I'm so excited that I'm online when this final part is posted! hyper Of course, I haven't had a chance to read it yet, and I may not be able to string together a set of coherent thoughts when I'm done, but I thought I'd at least get the comments folder started in advance, out of sheer gratitude...

~*~*~*~*~*~

A number of happy sobs and tears later...

Wow again! Lynn, this has been a truly marvelous story. The torturous emotions that both Lois and Clark have experienced have been vividly and realistically portrayed. Your descriptions and use of imagery are just exquisite.

Once again, I don't know where to begin to pick out favorite passages. The conversation with Martha was excellent. I loved that when Clark found her in the barn, he hesitated to wake her up, feeling that she deserved to be wide awake and alert when she first saw him.

This was wonderful...
He would take it all and anything else she would give to him. Hatred or love, anger or joy. It only mattered that she was here.
and then, of course, their first kiss and declarations of love. [Linked Image] Beautiful.

The conversation was equally incredible. Heart-rending for both of them. I must admit to several anxious moments there, wondering whether this was in fact the make-or-break moment.

But they both learned truths about themselves and about each other, and have come through it stronger - and together. twins And yes, that's the way most (Tank would say all) L&C stories end, and this one was definitely worth the trip.

And of course I have to quote at least one more passage...
"My love for you is stronger than the hurt.”

Her words hung in the air, a tangible rope pulling them together and binding them with knots no death could ever untie. Lois’s hurt had been debilitating, but she’d overcome it enough to find him because she loved him. He knew in that instant that she possessed a power greater than all of his super abilities combined.

“You know that I’d do anything for you, don’t you?” he whispered, trying to comprehend what he’d ever done to deserve this woman. “I’d die for you.”
I'd quote the ending too, which I just adore and which ties everything together so nicely, but I think I've probably used up enough bandwidth here already... blush

Thank you so much for this wonderful story, Lynn, and I certainly hope you are already writing your next one, because we will be expecting one very soon. wildguy wildguy

KathyM smile

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
WOW, Lynn! smile1

Tricia cool

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh My Lynn. That was so beautifully writen that it made me cry. I was so wrapped up in the emotions of both Lois and Clark it was as if I were going through it. I loved Martha's little part too. Great job, I hope we see some more like this in the near future from you. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Columnist
Columnist
Wow!

Lynn, this was beautiful, and I really hope that you plan on writing more stories. You're very talented.

There wasn't a single false note in any of this.

Irene

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
K
Blogger
Blogger
K
Beautiful ending Lynn! And I agree with Irene, you'll have to continue to post stories for us.

KathR
"Come with me, and you'll be, in a world of pure imagination." -- Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Just wonderful.

Congratulations on a great story - I hope to see more from you soon!

Shells

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.

- Mahatma Gandhi
Top Banana
Top Banana
SO I'm at work and I see....HOORAY Part 3!! OK, so I figure I can read it quick and then take time later to reread and savor every word..but then I read this..........

“You’re alive. You’re alive!” she breathed, seeking out his lips again, more hungrily. “I thought I’d lost you forever. Before I ever even had you, I lost you.”

“You never lost me,” he murmured, his own tears mingling with hers as he pulled her into a tight embrace. “I’ve always been yours. I’ll always be yours.”
Oh no... thumbsup

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Kerth
Kerth
wave

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Splendid! party

Gabriele
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
dance

As soon as I got back down to Earth after my original euphoria that not only Part 2, but also Part 3 had been posted since I visited last, I thoroughly enjoyed the rest of this!

This fic was so perfectly balanced all the way through – a great mixture of angst, WAFFs, and powerful writing, which *always* makes a great fic smile . I love the way that once Lois found out CK=S, she was angry – this, I feel, is perfectly in character and suits her much more than being rationally confused wink .

The scene with Martha and Lois is also very well done – especially the fact that Martha didn’t tell Lois that her theory was correct outright – perfectly in character!

Losing somebody you love is absolutely devastating – you maintained a very good sense of this in your fic all the way through, and ended up on just the right note – a big waffy sigh!

This is a wonderful first attempt – heck, it would have been a wonderful second, third and fourth attempt had the situation arisen – and I look forward to reading a lot more of your stories in the future wildguy I hope you’re working on no. 2!

Sara (who wonders how long she’ll have to wait – not long, she hopes?)

Death: Easy, Bill. You'll give yourself a heart attack and ruin my vacation.

Meet Joe Black
Top Banana
Top Banana
This is just beautiful, Lynn. I love it. So heartwrenching whinging , with a lovely smoochie at the end clap .

Now you do realize you're supposed to write more, don't you? Looking forward to more!

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Features Writer
Features Writer
What else can I say?

Loved the whole story, loved the L&C reunion, LOVED the kisses at the hayloft (so WAFFy... <sigh>),...

You had me once again crying, getting angry, sighing, and definitely clapping at the end thumbsup

malu

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, this definitely didn't disappoint, Lynn! As others have said, the Smallville scenes were perfect. I loved Lois and Martha talking, Lois looking for signs that her deduction was correct and Martha steering a careful course between not betraying Clark and not lying for him.

And then the reunion... clap

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Top Banana
Top Banana
An excellent final part to a wonderful story, Lynn! Can't wait for your next story. smile

Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Very, very nice indeed, especially for a first story and even for a fiftieth story. laugh I trust that this isn't the last time we're going to hear from you, is it?

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great story. thumbsup

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Nicely done.

Tank (who enjoyed the very well crafted story even if it did have a lot of yucky stuff in the ending)

A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Beautiful. As the other parts.

I wouldn't object on more... if you can write more, that is... this story is perfect on its own.

AnnaBtG.

P.S.: thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Top Banana
Top Banana
Well, what can I say? Y'all have been so great and supportive - you've really made my first adventure into the world of L&C Fanfic a lot of fun and really rewarding. All of your positive feedback has been so nice. I really appreciate it.

This whole story was inspired after I'd watched TOGOM in reruns, of course (when are they making those DVD sets, anyway?) and I started to think how absolutely awful it would be to lose someone you loved so deeply, and then how amazing it would feel to discover that they weren't dead after all. I imagined that the feeling of joy would be so great that it would overcome probably any other possible feeling you might have.

Also, I always felt like Clark kind of got a bum rap - whenever Lois finds out about his secret, she always gets so mad at him. But what was the poor guy supposed to do?

I'm finding that I write better when I get inspired by a specific episode, and I have an idea or two floating in my head about some stories I would love to see - one more along the nfic lines! But I think I'm going to spend some time reading some of the fabulous stories already archived first. I wrote this story before reading any other L&C Fanfics, and now that I've started reading some other authors' stuff, I wonder if there is anything out there that hasn't been covered before in absolutely wonderful ways! I'd hate to write something and have y'all say been-there-read-that!

Anyway, I'll be reading and writing and posting. It's so great to find a community like this - great people who share a fun passion! I look forward to getting to know you all.

Thanks again!
Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I'm finding that I write better when I get inspired by a specific episode, and I have an idea or two floating in my head about some stories I would love to see - one more along the nfic lines! But I think I'm going to spend some time reading some of the fabulous stories already archived first. I wrote this story before reading any other L&C Fanfics, and now that I've started reading some other authors' stuff, I wonder if there is anything out there that hasn't been covered before in absolutely wonderful ways!
Oh no, write first what's in your mind, and read the stories of the others after that!

Gabriele
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard