Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#46388 09/25/07 01:43 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ooooh! Thanks for explaining that! I'll admit I'm sorely uneducated when it comes to cultural phrases. I'm looking forward to possibly vacationing in Europe sometime in the upcoming years, and I'd better brush up on what 'not to say.' So I don't inadvertently offend someone. <g>

I was watching the episode "Season's Greedings" not too long ago with the commentary by Dean turned on in the background. He had a line at the end of the episode where Lois has cooked this huge dinner and tells Clark that he is going to be stuffed - which is an expression I use quite frequently when referring to eating a bunch. But apparently in Australia or New Zealand (maybe both?) that phrase means something entirely different *ahem* <g> I would have never known.

The things we learn from this fandom. smile1

DJ <who is now going to get something productive done with her housework, since part 3 has been posted> <g>

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
#46389 10/04/07 01:09 PM
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Superman looked at her smugly, a quirky smile tugging at one side of his mouth. “Alleged? There was nothing ‘alleged’ about that robbery. I can assure you the bank was definitely robbed.”
I don't know what made me connect the dots, but I just suddenly realized when I read this line that this isn't a clone, it's Clark. He wasn't sleeping soundly last night - he just doesn't remember. Is it Red K? *ponders*

“Sloth?” Lois asked.

“Yeah, you know, laziness. It’s one of the seven deadly sins.
OMG it's the seven deadly sins story! SQUEE! I was hoping someone would pick this up after Labby mentioned it.

Off to read more!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
#46390 10/04/07 05:34 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hee hee, thanks for the fdk Lisa! I'm glad to have you pondering. <g> Yes, the seven deadly sins idea that Labby talked about... although, I'm hoping that she'll still write hers. laugh

Hope you enjoy the story, Lisa. Thanks!

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
#46391 10/04/07 07:52 PM
Columnist
Columnist
oh so many bad articles about Superman, his poor reputation.

You know that we still don't know what happened with Clark and Superman? Perhaps it is Voodoo.

I love this part and I can't wait to read the next one. And I love Uncle Mike. thumbsup

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard