Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
More More More! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How was he ever going to top this almost first date?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ooo! I know! I know! Pick me! Ann, if you really want to know, I have the answer on my hard drive...
<silence>
<silence>
<silence>
<click>

<bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz>

<inarticulate sounds which can only be made in the nfic folder>

Who, me?

Features Writer
Features Writer
carnal panic
Of all the panics to have, I think this ranks right on top *ahem*

One loses so many laughs by not laughing at oneself - Sara Jeannette Duncan
http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/myl/llog/duty_calls.png
C
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
C
Wonderful, DJ! Sweet and sexy at the same time. Great job smile

Caroline

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
<DJ looks at number of fdk responses...looks at Tornado's first sentence...repeats it...>

OMG! OMG! OMG!

*hyperventilates*

WOW! I can't believe all this fdk for my little puff piece. <gawks open-mouthed>

Tornado - you're welcome and thank you for posting the challenge. I'm glad you loved the "dating all along". I was trying to get Lois to think about dating and how dating was for the purpose of getting to know someone better... and she really already knew Clark better, better than any other man she knew. So she really had already been dating him...and just didn't know it.

I'm still... ahem... tweaking the other version...

But I have to point out - that little line you quoted? Sue shared that bit of introspection with me (dang you're good, Sue). Glad to know you liked it as much as I did.

Cornelia - really? A cold shower? From the gfic folder? Woo-hoo <does a little dance> My work is now complete. <g> And I'm working on that other version... soon, I promise...

ChiefPam, hello! Hah - "vroomed it up a notch or 3" totally made my day. Again, I'm so glad the readers enjoyed Lois's realization about the dating. That was something I was pretty proud of. Oh, and you've quoted the other part I really liked - glad it made you all warm and fuzzy. <g>

Hi Lara! LOL - yes, already...now you see why the thank you to Sue was in order. <g> The "long, slow slide" I wrote - but I can't deny being influenced by Sue. She's been my beta for too long and I hers, without there being some influence. <g> She continues to insist that we are cybertwins, although I wouldn't go that far. I'm still just sitting at the foot of her throne. <g>

Hah, several of your comments seemed to be limited by the g folder <snort> I'll see if I can't provide you with a better opportunity in the next couple of days.

Thank you - I'm glad you loved the "souls joined at the mouth line" - it was one of my favorites. blush Thanks Lara.

Hey Cristina! Hah - you want a sequel? Hmmm... I don't know... I hadn't really considered a sequel. It would be fun to explore her reaction - but would her reaction lead to more business on the couch? <g> I'll give it some thought. Oooooh, and glad to know you're still waiting for 50 First (yay - DJ does happy dance).

Andreia! I'm so glad you enjoyed that line - She had been dating him all along - it seems several of you did - I'm so pleased. <g> As for the "few words" comments - Sue, did you hear that? I'm so proud! You're long, arduous training is beginning to pay off <snort-grin>. Sue is the queen of concise. Every once and a while I get to point out something where she could shorten things up a bit - but not often. <g>

Little teaser? Well I did promise another version, did I not? I see that you're going to keep checking <g> Yes, it will be there soon.

Alcyone! Thank you for the fdk and yay on the "just the right amount of sexy" (for the PG fic) LOL - yes, we'll see if the counterpart has "just the right amount". <g>

Hi Sheila. Eeeeeee! I just love that everyone loved that line. To borrow someone else's word (which I love) it just makes me "squeee" to see so many people quote it. Thanks.

LolaDane I'm glad you loved it. But even if you loved it, you're going to hold me to the other part, huh? Soon. It will be soon. <whistles innocently again and moves along...>

Hello Tahu! Thanks. I "rock"? You know, Sue said that to me the other day... you guys are making me blush. laugh Thank you!

Laura S! Wow, what a compliment - that I improved the episode - thank you. You're welcome - it was a fun challenge. I'm glad you enjoyed it so much.

Hi Lisa! Wowzers - you have no idea how I giggled at that. I hope the nfic lives up to expectations... <shrug> Sue liked it. <g> Thanks again for quoting that line.

Jackie! laugh Crazy good? That made me smile. Yes, innocent little me drool I'm so glad you enjoyed it.

Thank you so much everyone! Wow! What a start to a morning! I'm just so... wow...

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm late to this party, but just wanted to say I adored it. Wow!

Most of my favorite bits were quoted already, but also wanted to mention how fun it was to see their parallel thoughts.

They hadn’t even had a real first date yet. She shouldn’t be having these sorts of thoughts about him. What kind of a floozy was she?
and
Clark, get a hold of yourself. He hadn’t even had a first date with her yet. This was so inappropriate.
laugh
And yet, after things get interesting, Lois realizes how much she knows about Clark at the same time he's realizing how much she doesn't know. Beautiful.

Thanks for writing and sharing it with us.
BJ

A
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
A
And in that instant she realized something. This wasn’t an almost first date…

She had been dating him all along.

Lois knew Clark in a way that she knew no other man. She knew all the superfluous things like what his favorite food was, who his favorite football team was, how he liked to unwind for the day… if he preferred paper to plastic at the grocery store. But besides those things, she knew *him*. She knew his values. Clark respected woman, especially her. He didn’t treat them like objects; instead, he treated them like equals.

Lois knew him. She’d spent the last year and a half learning him. She had been dating him all along – only she hadn’t realized it. This wasn’t their first date. This was more like their first opportunity… their first prospect for something more.
I just wanted to add that I think one of the reasons that this passage resonates so much is that many of us recognize it from our own lives. That is the mark of a great writer. smile

More please!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ooooh, yippee! More fdk!

Hi BJ. Thanks. Glad you enjoyed it. I was really excited to see you point out their "parallel thinking". I had written it that way on purpose and wasn't sure if anyone would pick up on it. I was so happy to see you point it out. Thanks.

Hi Angie. What a compliment! Thank you so much! And thanks for the fdk.

Thanks again everyone. Glad so many of you enjoyed this bit of fluff.

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Nice, DJ. Definitely not as good as the other version, but it was nice... wink

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard