Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
M
Then his heart stuttered and his eyes went wide. He should stand up. He should call out to her. He should stop her.
Oh, but you don't want to stop her, Clark. Because we all know what she is going to find sitting somewhere close to that award.

She thought of everything else he had told her. That things were complicated between them. That he was afraid she would never understand. That the truth would hurt her. That he wanted her to notice him for who he was and not for Superman.
I am so glad she remembered all of this.

"You should tell her," she finally whispered. "Just take a chance and tell her the truth."

He took a deep breath, his heartbeat pounding in his ears. "Lois, it's me. Kal-El."
Full circle. Perfection.

In the end, it was the need to prove him wrong that stopped her.
This is so true to Lois' character.

Clark hesitated. "No." That wasn't true, he couldn't lie to her anymore. "Yes." Then, quickly, he amended it to, "Sometimes."
Poor guy!

The thought struck her that maybe he had purposefully left the rose where she could find it.
Didja Clark, didja?

"You don't have to hold onto me," he said with a shy smile, "but I wish you would."
ohhh!!!

It was too much and yet, somehow, it wasn't nearly enough.
Shades of Faustian Bargain. smile

Lovely, Sue!

But if you're Ann (or just share her sentiments), this story will continue in the nfic folder in a day or two.
I do share Ann's sentiments, at least when it comes to wonderfully well done nfic sequels to great stories. So - YEA!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
hyper hyper

Oh boy! another story from sue! yeah! This was every bit good as I expected! I love the way the revelation came subtle but powerful. Yea to clark for not running away.

Now to the other side.

doublel

mecry I don't see it

didn't even pay attention to when this one was posted, I'll check back.

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I'll comment more later, but I just have to say this:

She opened her eyes again to watch his lips. Her eye caught and held on the small freckle at the corner of his mouth, then wandered to the spot on his cheek that turned into a dimple when he smiled.
Oh, wow! Was that sweet, beautiful and sensual, or what? And was it the perfect birthday present for Jojo? Oh, wow. Rarely has a snippet of text made me that eager to join the rest of you and start using Clark's mole at the corner of his mouth as my personal lollipop!

Be back with more later, Sue!

Ann

C
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
C
Sue, I just caught up with this series tonight and then *poof* there was a new installment! (Or should that be *proof*?) Anyway...yay!

This is wonderful stuff, each and every bit of it. You manage the tension between them so beautifully. When I got here:

"You should tell her," she finally whispered. "Just take a chance and tell her the truth."

He took a deep breath, his heartbeat pounding in his ears. "Lois, it's me. Kal-El."
I was literally holding my breath!

I like this build-up to the revelation considerably better than what they gave us in the tv series, and I like that Lois's response was hurt and angry, yes, but also controlled and rational.

And what a beautiful flying scene at the end of this part! Just lovely.

Thanks so much for this wonderful, sensual series. I've enjoyed every minute of it and will look forward to the nfic conclusion.

Best,

Caroline

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I just caught up with the entire series, so I wanted to stop in an offer a few observations.

First, this is a gorgeous use of vignettes to show how Lois' feelings changed over time. The first three installments focus on her feelings for Superman, but, by the Kerth awards, she has recognized how important Clark is to her. She has also begun to subconsciously connect her partner to Kal-El. By the end of the series, she realizes the depth of her feelings for Clark. She is now ready to love the whole man, not just the flashier aspects of his character.

Clark, too, changes over time. He is still fearful of telling her, but his trust in her grows with each interaction. He tells her his secrets, tells her that he's in love, and he continues to give her hints designed to lead her to the truth.

My favorite moments:

-The scene in which he helps her out of her dress. The atmosphere is electric, as desire, fear, and longing all draw the string of tension ever tighter. My, my, my!

-"He's in love with a moron." Too funny!

-The dance at the Kerth awards. It was all about Clark and Lois--no superheroes in the way here.

-"You should tell her," she finally whispered. "Just take a chance and tell her the truth."

No more secrets...I love how she helps him tell her the truth.

-The use of conversations from the past to fuel later scenes. The ending is especially strong, where she reminds him that he said that she was the only one who could seduce Superman. Great ending! The theme of "proof" intricately weaves all of the vignettes together. Well done.

"Women frustrate men because they're too complicated. Men frustrate women because they're not complicated enough."
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
"Buss" is an archaic word for "kiss". Just so you know
I know what that means!!

What would he taste like? She couldn't remember - didn't think she had even paid attention - the first couple of times she had kissed him. But those weren't real kisses - they were only improvised to save their lives or to maintain a ruse.
Silly woman…

Angry with him for lying, but mostly angry with herself for being so completely blind.
There it is… The reason she gets so angry… at herself…

Just as quickly her emotions turned to hurt - not that he had lied, but that he had misjudged her as much as she had misjudged him.
I don’t know… Did he, Lois? Would have you have been so calm if you hadn’t had those conversations with Kal-El?

"I don't want to be." She swallowed and blinked. "Am I really so scary that you thought you couldn't tell me?"

Clark hesitated. "No." That wasn't true, he couldn't lie to her anymore. "Yes." Then, quickly, he amended it to, "Sometimes."
Oh, yeah. A fiery tornado.

The thought struck her that maybe he had purposefully left the rose where she could find it.
Did he?

Lois looked into his eyes and wished she could be caught forever in this moment.
Awww…

She felt the whisper of his breath first and then the touch of his mouth against her barely parted lips. His lips moved, settling over her upper lip. His broad hand slipped to the back of her head, holding her in place for the first airy touch of his tongue against her lip. Then his head tilted, a coaxing motion that persuaded her mouth to open. His tongue slid against hers and she could taste something faintly sweet. She tried to place it - was it the cream soda he had been drinking? His open mouth leaned down on hers, his tongue becoming more demanding in its slow search of her.
Oh, wow, Sue. That’s hot.

She couldn't kiss him again until she could feel more in control of the situation.
Always in control, Lois.

She reached up to touch his face, letting her thumb glide across that full lower lip that had been distracting her for days, weeks, months. "Prove it."
I’ll be looking for that next story.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
What a wonderful surprise to come here and find your story tonight, Sue! smile

She tried, but she couldn't think of a good reason to do it. And she had to have a good reason. Otherwise she would be kissing him solely to satisfy her curiosity.
hehehe! Satisfying one's curiosity is a good reason, if you ask me. But then, I'm not Lois, am I. I'd be jumping all over the guy by now. Ooops, sorry, need to remember this is the PG folder. *lol*

She should go home - preferably before she did anything stupid.
No, no, no, no!!! Lois. You *should* do something stupid. Well, I mean, something *you* think is stupid. Cause if you ask *us* over here, we don't think it's stupid at all. It's actually very, very sane.

"It's a rose." Lois grinned, using all her willpower not to add the word "silly" at the end.
hehehe! Love that! Very Lois. smile

Awwwwww!!! I'm melting! It's beautiful, Sue. Thank you! notworthy

I can totally imagine him right there. hehe! So very Clark. smile

"You said you were in love with..."

Clark took another step towards her. "I am," he said firmly.
awwwww!!! notworthy notworthy notworthy notworthy

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Top Banana
Top Banana
Woohoo! Story five, all posted--AND I've finished my current audiofic project! Could this night GET any better?

Looking forward to the upcoming part in the nfic section. smile

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh very nice revelatioN! I loved it and it is my birthday. Nice to read this on my birthday<g> Laura (looking forward to the nfic version.)

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Top Banana
Top Banana
Very nicely done Sue...the revelation.

"You don't have to hold onto me," he said with a shy smile, "but I wish you would."
I think this line about sums this story up. Clark is telling Lois to please not let him go, to hold on to him, to their...relationship? And she responds by...hanging on to him, securely. I think that these inferences became understood between Lois and Clark.

I'll be looking for the next post in the NFIC folder! This was absolutely fabulous, Sue. Loved it!

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
hehehe! Satisfying one's curiosity is a good reason, if you ask me. But then, I'm not Lois, am I. I'd be jumping all over the guy by now. Ooops, sorry, need to remember this is the PG folder. *lol*
Sweet, little, shy Lara? Well, of course, we are talking about Superman here.

Oh very nice revelatioN! I loved it and it is my birthday. Nice to read this on my birthday<g> Laura (looking forward to the nfic version.)
Happy birthday, Laura. [Linked Image]

And happy birthday to JoJo, too! [Linked Image]

Top Banana
Top Banana
eek This is one of the best birthday presents I have ever gotten. ^_~

I loved it Sue.. I'm so flattered that you actually took my request seriously and posted it though. laugh I JUST got home though to Alabama and need to take care of some things but I shall post more later. ^_^

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
Kerth
Kerth
I figured I would take one quick peek before I went to bed. Zowie! Look! Feedback!

I'll try to go fast, since I'm dead on my feet (well, factually, butt) and I have to get up early tomorrow.

First of all - Happy birthday, Laura! I didn't know it was your b-day! party

Oh, but you don't want to stop her, Clark. Because we all know what she is going to find sitting somewhere close to that award.
After I took so much care to point out that she still gave him the rose in the footnote for the fourth part you kind of had to see that one coming. <g> A couple of you have asked if he did it on purpose. I think it was one of those subconsciously purposeful things.
And was it the perfect birthday present for Jojo? Oh, wow. Rarely has a snippet of text made me that eager to join the rest of you and start using Clark's mole at the corner of his mouth as my personal lollipop!
I only loaned that freckle to Jojo (and Laura) for their birthdays. The other 363 days of the year it's mine. Mine, I tell you!

Caroline - I hardly know where to start in my little freak-out that you read my story. I'm still waiting for you to finish Stardust so I can start reading it (hint, hint). I was especially delighted that you loved the tension between them through all of the parts. Heaven knows I think you write the tension between them better than anyone. I was also surprised to see you mention you'll be reading the nfic part. For some odd reason I didn't think you read nfic. (?) The next step, of course, is having you write us all some nfic. grovel

Thanks also to Queen of Aces for reading the whole thing in one fell swoop. I think it has more impact that way - it's all still fresh in your mind. I'm pleased and relieved to hear that you thought it was woven together in a fashion that made sense. Yay!

Nancy - for some reason I just knew that you would know what "buss" meant. Heh. It cracks me up that I was right.
Would have you have been so calm if you hadn’t had those conversations with Kal-El?
Absolutely not!
Satisfying one's curiosity is a good reason, if you ask me. But then, I'm not Lois, am I. I'd be jumping all over the guy by now. Ooops, sorry, need to remember this is the PG folder. *lol*
Ah, Lara, you're reading my mind! You know you can always email me (in stunning detail) your thoughts on that subject. Unless they include the freckle. Then you'll be in trouble.
No, no, no, no!!! Lois. You *should* do something stupid. Well, I mean, something *you* think is stupid. Cause if you ask *us* over here, we don't think it's stupid at all. It's actually very, very sane.
What if I promise that they'll both be stupid/sane in the next part?
I would trade many, many years of my life for just one moment to be Lois Lane in your story.
Mmmmm - show of hands? You know, I have this running joke with DJ about how things that happen in my stories to Lois eventually happen in a roundabout way to me. (Dead hard drive after her laptop was stolen, wrecked car after Lois crashed the Jeep, severe stomach cramps after her morning sickness, brakelights just died after they pulled out the wires in Nigel's trunk...) And yet, never even once has Clark shown up to ravish me. So I'll just keep writing these stories until that happens. We may be here for a while...
I think this line about sums this story up. Clark is telling Lois to please not let him go, to hold on to him, to their...relationship? And she responds by...hanging on to him, securely. I think that these inferences became understood between Lois and Clark.
Ah, Sheila! Gold star for you! Yes, it was meant to be a metaphor.

Jojo, I'm glad you made it home safely and that you liked the story. Trust me, it was the least I could do for the girl who gave me Engrish, Superman stamps, an Angry Clark button and hours and hours of laughs.

Thanks guys! I really appreciate hearing from you!

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Nancy - for some reason I just knew that you would know what "buss" meant. Heh. It cracks me up that I was right.
Bussin’ on the bus…. Oh, yeah, I’ve definitely heard that.

And yet, never even once has Clark shown up to ravish me. So I'll just keep writing these stories until that happens. We may be here for a while...
Well, I did hear once that *our* Clark (aka Dean Cain) has been known to show up at a certain annual Hollywood type event up in one certain canyon…. Maybe you should make friends with a certain red head that lives in said canyon…. (I bet you know of what [and whom] I speak…)

M
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
M
Sue,

Well, I joined the mbs so I could tell you how much I was enjoying your Proof series. Imagine how happy I was to find this tonight! It's wonderful, breathtaking, heartbreakingly fabulous.

It had to happen soon, that much she knew. She had finally admitted to herself on the night he won the Kerth that she had spent the last year falling in love with him. Months and months of gradually increasing acquaintance had changed him in her eyes from a hayseed to a valued friend. More than a friend, she hoped. Much, much more than a friend.
Yes, oh yes, how wonderful is this, to fall in love with your friend.

She nuzzled into the space between his chin and his shoulder, inhaling the clean, familiar scent of him.
Hm, yes, men smell so good when you love them...

She felt the whisper of his breath first and then the touch of his mouth against her barely parted lips. His lips moved, settling over her upper lip. His broad hand slipped to the back of her head, holding her in place for the first airy touch of his tongue against her lip. Then his head tilted, a coaxing motion that persuaded her mouth to open. His tongue slid against hers and she could taste something faintly sweet. She tried to place it - was it the cream soda he had been drinking? His open mouth leaned down on hers, his tongue becoming more demanding in its slow search of her. The weight of his kiss tilted her head back into his palm.

Dizzy, my god, she was so dizzy now. It was too much, floating with him like this where he was the only solid thing in the world. It was too much and yet, somehow, it wasn't nearly enough.
Nope, not nearly enough. I guess I'm going to have to ask for access to the nfic side.

As her feet touched onto the patio she tilted her head back to look closely at him. "You told me that if anyone could seduce Superman, it would be me."

"Did I?" He looked both amused and hopeful at the same time.

She reached up to touch his face, letting her thumb glide across that full lower lip that had been distracting her for days, weeks, months. "Prove it."
YES! smile

Thanks Sue.

Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love - time is eternity --Henry van Dyke
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Nope, not nearly enough. I guess I'm going to have to ask for access to the nfic side.
And when you do, mmouse, you simply must read Faustian Bargain by Sue. It's amazing.

Top Banana
Top Banana
I knew it too--in fact, I was surprised when you said there were people who didn't know.

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Darcy, Maybe it has to do with which area of the country you live in or have lived in?

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Sweet, little, shy Lara? Well, of course, we are talking about Superman here.
Superman? No... *I* was talking about Clark. hehehehehe!

And 'ya know... I do get embarrassed reading some things, but that won't stop me from posting a little vignette in the nfic folder soon. Yep. Seriously. A little alternate scene from Reversal of Fortune - which by the way, Ann, if you're reading this: it's all your fault!

Laura - if I'd known your birthday was coming up so soon, I'd have gotten moving on the "whispers in the night" bit that you 'asked for'... You'll get it in the new year, though, I promise! Happy Birthday!

And Happy Birthday Jojo! smile

Ah, Lara, you're reading my mind! You know you can always email me (in stunning detail) your thoughts on that subject. Unless they include the freckle. Then you'll be in trouble.
I'm trying not to think of the freckle. My knees go weak when I do...
/me now has a dreamy look on her face - there goes work for today, I'm definitely not going to get any done, now.

What if I promise that they'll both be stupid/sane in the next part?
Then I will worship you until the ends of time - Goddess Sue, Guardian of the Secret of Really Hot Fic.
notworthy notworthy notworthy

And yet, never even once has Clark shown up to ravish me. So I'll just keep writing these stories until that happens. We may be here for a while...
As much as I'd wish for Clark to show up there for you (mind you, if he does, we'd like to share. Please?) I'm glad you'll be here for a while. Nothing pleases me more than to know I can look forward to more "Sue-fic". (yes, I could think of something that might, but we're in the PC folder. I know. *lol*)

Well... now that I know I'm not getting any work done here at all, I think I'll close the door and continue working on that vignette I mentioned. If only "those words" came to me as easily as the rest of it. *sigh*

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
"Prove it."

What an excellent (almost) ending to this series. I can't top what everyone else has said, but I did want to let you know how much I enjoyed this. Deeply satisfying.

I might even have to check out the nfic side for the final part...

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard