A
AmandaK Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
A
Chapter 8
TOC

Well... that was not how I planned on ending this chapter. I'm starting to think these two should not be left alone together. Let me know what you think.

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
I don’t know how you planned to end this chapter, but it worked for me. Ten years apart is a long time. Lois and Clark have a lot to work out but I’m happy they still have that spark. Jon’s concerns are understandable. Hopefully Jon and Jor become good friends. I can’t wait for the next chapter. I love this story. Thank you!

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
I can see how it's difficult to pick up the relationship after it's been in hold for a decade. But the sparks are still flying. Only a lot has changed in the meantime. I hope Clark is going to be upfront with Lois soon. I have a feeling she's not going to appreciate being left in the dark. Can't wait to see how this continues.

Glad Jor is warming up to Jon.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
B
Beat Reporter
Online Content
Beat Reporter
B
Another great installment.
I can only imagine it's really hard for Lois to go back to Metropolis and leave her family alone in SV but I assume there's no way around it. And her being reunited with Clark while she's supposed to be in SV would be too suspicious. Still, the situation would obviously be tough for everyone involved of the quartett (Lois, Clark, Jon and, well Jor maybe not so much...)
Aw, Jon is just such a sweet kid. I want to hug him in almost every scne ehe's in... Of course, big changes are hard for a kid of his age. Even adults do hard with them sometimes. And the theoretical concept of his father coming back and it actually happening are two vastly different things, plus he got a "brother" on top of it so that's a lot of stuff. And while I have no doubt it will be all well for the most part for them, I'm sure there will be conflicts and stuff. Being a dad (and a son to) is not always easy, there are challenges. And while Clark had dealt with Jor, the circumstnaces were so different that it doesn't really count as experience.
OK, so Jon definitively inherited some of Lois' competetive streak. And all of them bantering about different video games and playstations sounds like a fun convo (I was mostly totally lost but then I'm both GenZ and not into v-gaming for obvious reasons so that says more about me than your writing really). And Martha bieng all in on it was funny too, but very in-character for her. She always had that quirks and being very much, ah, playful with stuff and experimental, and in many ways the opposite of the typical "farmer's wife" cliché which was always something I apreciated about her writing in this version of the Superman tale.
Also, I can imagine Jor might also have osme of this competitie instincts/wanting to be on the top of the chain in him with how he was raised on NK to be a leader/in charge, so maybe that'll be good for a bonding experience. He's also used to "make it right" for others which might be both a good thing for his adaption but also a bad one, on an emotional level, if he puts his own needs too much into the background. I do hope everyone will be able to crack his still hard shell a bit. Something tells me Jon might have the best chances, he's just such a positive nergy bundle.
Clark is really desperate to be Superman again, to an almos tunhealthy degree. He really seeks/needs a purpose in his life agian and do something that lets him feel worthy/useful. Also, poor guy with the scars not just being healed by the sun again but I think that makes sense as that's the "new normal" how he came onto th eplanet. I feel like he should share with Lois and ihs parents at some point or it will bite him obviously... A scarred Superma would work well given th epublic knows he was on NK in a war, so does a scarredCLark to an extent with his backstory on the deserted island. But yep of course if their scars are obviously idenical than that's a problem...Well we'll see how that gets solved.
Oh, and Lois and CLark can't let the fingers off each other. But that makes sense. It's almost as if they met again, so much time has passed. So they really want each other, but also realize both have grown and changed a lot and they need to re-getting to know each other befor egetting into serious territory. Good they have the kids around so stop them from doing, ah, things they might regret, I assume.
Anyway, great chapter and looking forward to the next installment!

Up, up and away - to the next fanfic.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard