Print Thread
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
This is the second story in the Martha... series of vignettes.

Story here

More Martha!!! Gosh, I love her! What did you think?

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

T
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
T
mecry

Oh my goodness. Poor Clark. Good thing he's got amazing parents like Jonathan and Martha.

Features Writer
Features Writer
Awww. The Kents really are the best. <3
Loved this so much! Clark trusting his parents but still understandably scared.
So glad they were patient and reassured him the way they did :3

Features Writer
Features Writer
You already know how many times I thud during this. whinging

I just LOVE this series so far, and I can't wait to read the next one. Your portrayal of Martha is sooooo incredible, and it's amazing to see these little snippets.... love

THANK YOU FOR SHARING!!!

-Bek

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Aww, such a sweet and sad story. Yay for Martha and Jonathan.

Great job. Love your writing.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Sara!
. It was hard to believe Clark had been starting a fire in the barn—he’d never do something so reckless. Yet there were two wet, singed holes in the wood,
Hey, at least he was just looking instead of lighting his own flatulence aflame!

Yet there were two wet, singed holes in the wood, plain as the daylight that shone through them
clap

I’m so sorry. I’m sorry...I’m trying to be normal. I’m trying so hard. Please don’t be mad. Don’t be scared.”
whinging

When he spoke, though, his voice was still quiet and small and so very unlike her happy, confident boy. “I can hear when you talk...”
Oh boy.

Never getting sick. Never getting hurt. Stronger. Faster. What else was there? What did it mean?
Hmmm … maybe he’s the son of Captain America and that troop morale officer (see She Hulk) and was kept frozen like they did with Bucky Barnes until a mad scientist kidnapped the infant and tried to dispose of him in space. He wasn’t good at math and the ship never made it into orbit. Or he was kidnapped and the ship didn’t make it all the way to the Soviet Union.

e could also sometimes see through things, as if his eyes were some sort of x-ray machine.
This dual use is actually a good thing. Can you imagine if he used his heat vision to cut holes so he can look inside of things. Or people? And alternatively, if he used his x-ray vision to burn through stuff? All that radiation would cause quite a bit of radiation poisoning and cancer.

When she’d first held him all those years ago, he’d made her heart grow so much bigger.
Given Jonathan often dies of a heart condition and an enlarged heart is serious, this is really scary!

And so she would hold it all—his grief, his pain, his worry—for him when he couldn’t, and she’d carry it alongside her extraordinary love for him.
Even scarier!

Her boy—whose kindness and compassion she hoped would someday change the world.
clap

Another sweet entry clap

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
I love this series! Clark was very fortunate that he was found by Martha and Jonathan. I see Martha like she’s written in this series. Her heart holds unlimited love for her boy. I can’t wait for the next story! Thanks!

Columnist
Columnist
I love this. To have a mother like Martha. She loved him no matter where he came from or what he did. He was her boy no matter what. Great addition.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hmmm, the real gift here is for Clark to have such warm and loving parents.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard