Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: KSaraSara FDK: Martha... A Heart So Big 1/1 - 03/03/23 06:13 PM
This is the second story in the Martha... series of vignettes.

Story here

More Martha!!! Gosh, I love her! What did you think?

Sara smile
Posted By: Toomi8 Re: FDK: Martha... A Heart So Big 1/1 - 03/03/23 07:20 PM
mecry

Oh my goodness. Poor Clark. Good thing he's got amazing parents like Jonathan and Martha.
Posted By: Blueowl Re: FDK: Martha... A Heart So Big 1/1 - 03/04/23 12:33 AM
Awww. The Kents really are the best. <3
Loved this so much! Clark trusting his parents but still understandably scared.
So glad they were patient and reassured him the way they did :3
Posted By: SuperBek Re: FDK: Martha... A Heart So Big 1/1 - 03/04/23 05:09 AM
You already know how many times I thud during this. whinging

I just LOVE this series so far, and I can't wait to read the next one. Your portrayal of Martha is sooooo incredible, and it's amazing to see these little snippets.... love

THANK YOU FOR SHARING!!!

-Bek
Posted By: bakasi Re: FDK: Martha... A Heart So Big 1/1 - 03/04/23 10:39 AM
Aww, such a sweet and sad story. Yay for Martha and Jonathan.

Great job. Love your writing.
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK: Martha... A Heart So Big 1/1 - 03/04/23 01:59 PM
Hi Sara!
. It was hard to believe Clark had been starting a fire in the barn—he’d never do something so reckless. Yet there were two wet, singed holes in the wood,
Hey, at least he was just looking instead of lighting his own flatulence aflame!

Yet there were two wet, singed holes in the wood, plain as the daylight that shone through them
clap

I’m so sorry. I’m sorry...I’m trying to be normal. I’m trying so hard. Please don’t be mad. Don’t be scared.”
whinging

When he spoke, though, his voice was still quiet and small and so very unlike her happy, confident boy. “I can hear when you talk...”
Oh boy.

Never getting sick. Never getting hurt. Stronger. Faster. What else was there? What did it mean?
Hmmm … maybe he’s the son of Captain America and that troop morale officer (see She Hulk) and was kept frozen like they did with Bucky Barnes until a mad scientist kidnapped the infant and tried to dispose of him in space. He wasn’t good at math and the ship never made it into orbit. Or he was kidnapped and the ship didn’t make it all the way to the Soviet Union.

e could also sometimes see through things, as if his eyes were some sort of x-ray machine.
This dual use is actually a good thing. Can you imagine if he used his heat vision to cut holes so he can look inside of things. Or people? And alternatively, if he used his x-ray vision to burn through stuff? All that radiation would cause quite a bit of radiation poisoning and cancer.

When she’d first held him all those years ago, he’d made her heart grow so much bigger.
Given Jonathan often dies of a heart condition and an enlarged heart is serious, this is really scary!

And so she would hold it all—his grief, his pain, his worry—for him when he couldn’t, and she’d carry it alongside her extraordinary love for him.
Even scarier!

Her boy—whose kindness and compassion she hoped would someday change the world.
clap

Another sweet entry clap

wave Michael
Posted By: Songbird Re: FDK: Martha... A Heart So Big 1/1 - 03/05/23 06:22 PM
I love this series! Clark was very fortunate that he was found by Martha and Jonathan. I see Martha like she’s written in this series. Her heart holds unlimited love for her boy. I can’t wait for the next story! Thanks!
Posted By: CarrieRene Re: FDK: Martha... A Heart So Big 1/1 - 03/06/23 07:05 PM
I love this. To have a mother like Martha. She loved him no matter where he came from or what he did. He was her boy no matter what. Great addition.
Posted By: Morgana Re: FDK: Martha... A Heart So Big 1/1 - 03/08/23 01:19 PM
Hmmm, the real gift here is for Clark to have such warm and loving parents.
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards