#294736 01/06/23 05:34 AM
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
Oh yikes… it’s like 2:30am and I have NOT worked on my ficathon tonight like I was supposed to! But SuperBek and I both had bad anxiety brain days and…well… turns out we really just needed to be silly and laugh.

Story here

Let me… uh, know what you think! lol

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
So this is what your stories look like in the process of writing? Interesting! This was absolutely hilarious, so thanks for the chuckle.

Sometimes, I also use brackets witha German word inside when I don't remember the correct translation and can't look it up. rotflol

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
[Insert FDK here], [find appropriate emojis], [Express gratitude for laugh]
[More emojis]

~•~
Features Writer
Features Writer
That's hilarious! And now I want to read a story that has all those brackets filled in, just because rotflol

P
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
P
Hahaha ha hahaha *gasp, gasp* lol thumbsup

A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Sara!!! This is PERFECT!! So smart and witty and TRUE!! I felt it in my bones!! Awesome idea!!
I loved all your parentheticals, especially the ones about spending too long looking up the perfect word in the thesaurus rotflol And the ending!! OMG, so much this!
I really have no words other than - fantastic job!!

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
K
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
Originally Posted by bakasi
So this is what your stories look like in the process of writing? Interesting! This was absolutely hilarious, so thanks for the chuckle.

It’s kinda like it, yeah! lol Except when I’m writing, I don’t pause to use brackets…I don’t go on until that sentence or word is just right, which makes it take so much longer! But me in the thesaurus ALL THE TIME, yep. SO MUCH TIME there. lol This one was much easier to write because I didn’t have to do all that looking up or thinking to get the mood or the actions *just* right. wink I’m so glad it gave you a laugh! Thanks!

Queen— rotflol Hilarious and inspired feedback! Thanks!

Blueowl—Haha glad you enjoyed! And I’m half tempted to write it…but…probably won’t happen with all the other WIPs.

PuffyTiger—LOL! Sorry to have stolen your breath there. lol Thanks!

Anna—Eeee! What wonderfully kind words! I’m really so glad you enjoyed!

Thanks everyone!!

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Sara!
Summary: [pending...but something, something about a revelation]
Say, you’re not expecting us to fill those placeholders, right? Right? …Right?

Again! And he’d said he’d needed to [insert Lame Excuse (tm) here]! She couldn’t believe it!
Fine. But not on the first read.

She’d found nothing to indicate what Clark’s secret was, and that only served to make her more upset with him
What do you expect? She didn’t win.

and now she was hunting for food.
There should be enough. Only none of it is edible [either not cooked or made of fructose and corn syrup]

Ingredients, nothing pre-assembled. The man couldn’t even bother to have a frozen pizza or Lean Cuisine on hand?
See?

“I...I, uh...needed to use [insert stutter here to show he’s catching himself before he says something like ‘my shower’] Clark’s shower...”
[…always shower before sleep in this bed…]

She tiltedShe tilted her head [think of a better action here to convey her emotions]
“…threw a handily available fertility statue at the gallivanting superhero…”

[quote]His shoulders slumped and [insert words here that really bring home the ‘anguished face’ vibe],
The statue snapped apart, revealing a sickly green glow just as Superman fell to the ground like a felled tree.

But he totally needs a hug even though his suit is dirty from [[insert generic rescue/disaster]], so she gives him a big, fierce hug.]
His suit looked and smelled like he just got home from cleaning out the Augean Stables.

[[spend forever in thesaurus for right emotion words]] and dangit, now there needs to be a new last line.] The End
laugh

That was a [funny…find better word…] story. And yes, I’m with you on the process. Most of the sentence/paragraph has to be right during the “first” try and boy, when there’s a grammar question…weee….there goes the afternoon rotflol

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Pretty sure they should always kiss at the end. 🥰 😉

A
Hack from Nowheresville
Online Content
Hack from Nowheresville
A
That was a lot of fun but now you've got me thinking I ought to use my thesaurus more.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard