#291373 03/20/22 03:30 PM
T
Toomi8 Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
T
Story is here.

Thanks to the Discord group chat participants for helping me find a few words when my thesaurus threw out some very strange, ill-fitting, results. This little ficlet has distracted me from another fic, which has distracted me from the Hold On sequel, and so on. Hopefully I can get back to finishing some other stories now!

Summary: Set after season 2's 'Wall of Sound.' In the episode, Stokes makes the comment that Lois is Superman's 'girl.' Here's one way that ended...

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, it's the imposing Superman fic! smile

It's cute! I like how Superman totally misunderstood the line about Clark, lol. xD Thanks for sharing!

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Features Writer
Features Writer
Loved this ^_^

Having Lois step back and think is always refreshing, and having her be brave enough to open up to both sides of our favorite guy is always enjoyable.
Thanks for writing.

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Very sweet, Toomi. Kinda funny, too, when Clark asks Lois to go on a date with him while they're together in a restaurant booth after sharing a meal. I mean, why else did he think she asked him out to dinner? And, at the wedding reception, when someone asks where their first date was, this will happen.

"I remember it well. I asked Lois to have dinner with me and - "

"No, Clark, I asked you out. We went to that Italian place you'd never heard of."

"That wasn't a date, it was just dinner with a friend."

"You were the only one there with me."

"True, but you were just happy you'd found a place I didn't know about at the time."

"It's when and where I told you that I cared for you! That's the reason I asked you!"

"Yeah, and then I asked you out on a date. A date-type date, not an after-award dinner."

"But I asked you out first!"

"That wasn't a date, Lois! It was dinner with a friend!"

"I sure thought it was a date! You paid the bill!"

"I was just trying to be nice!"

"Oh, really? Were you just trying to be nice when you said your wedding vows?"

"Lo-is!"

"Cla-ark!"

Typical Lois and Clark. They'll probably still be "discussing" it when they leave for the honeymoon.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
Oh, I love this!! So sweet and perfect!

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
šŸ†2024 Kerth Award Posts šŸ†.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer

What a funny, sweet way to start off a relationship! Perfect story for a Monday.

Sighing, she turned off the light and headed to bed. She was far too tired to be wading into the deep end of that pool.

Considering how many times Lois has dived into the deep end of the pool without looking, I thought this line was a howl! Thanks for making me smile. smile1

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I always liked it when Lois takes the initiative to tell Clark how she feels about him, considering that she turned him down the first time. It was very sweet! love

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

Hi Toomi!
This little ficlet has distracted me from another fic, which has distracted me from the Hold On sequel, and so on.
Oh, I can so relate!

She was far too tired to be wading into the deep end of that pool.
You managed a clever turn there from Lois focusing on her relationship with Superman to focusing on her relationship with Clark.

ā€œHe surmised I was ā€˜your girl,ā€™ and you said nothing.ā€
Yes, well, he couldnā€™t just smirk and high five the guy, now could he? That would have been way unprofessional.

Thereā€™s someone else, and Iā€™ve been too afraid to tell him.ā€
Jimmy will be over the moon!

She smiled. ā€œYes, Clark. Iā€™d love to go on a date with you tonight.ā€
Gawwwwww! Without checking the episode, the parts about there being someone else that's from Whine, Whine, Whine, isnā€™t it?

This shows what a word, uttered just to rile up your foe, can trigger clap

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (Itā€™s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
Well, here I am bumping this thread, but gahh! I was doing a bit of prep for Kerth stuff and when I saw this title, I remembered, but couldnā€™t remember enough about it other than I liked it. So since it was short, I read it again just now, and I had to stop and point out these lines that are justā€¦ GAH, I love them:

Lois felt her heart twist a little as he smiled sadly. One of them would end up brokenhearted, and she hoped the reasons he had for them not being together, would help him heal. He gave her a faint nod of acknowledgement, and turned to leave.

This story had such a good balance of emotionā€”right on the edge, tentative hope and potential angstā€¦ and then the pay off at the end! Great job with this one, Toomi!

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
šŸ†2024 Kerth Award Posts šŸ†.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard