Next Thread
Print Thread
T
TOC Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Chrissie, I love this! Lois as an angel, flying around at the speed of thought - well, not quite, because she's still kinda new at this, and her wings are heavy and hard to maneuvre and they make her sneeze!?!?! smile1 hyper

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great start. thumbsup

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Kerth
Kerth
If I know Lois, she won't be able to just Watch for very long! Poor Alt-Clark...so lonely and sad. frown I look forward to reading this story. Susan

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I looove Alt Universe stories! whinging

Lois in angelhood is too cute though. She has her work cut out for her, following and Watching this super man. Lucky girl, she gets to Watch him shower! I can't wait to see what happens, this premise is too yummy.

Keep it coming!

Chriscy

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Love it love it love it!!!!! smile1 hyper
Thanks,
Marcy

(Elrond's blessing at the departure of the company from Rivendell)

"Farewell, and may the blessing of Elves and Men and all Free Folk go with you.
May the stars shine upon your faces!"
-Lord of the Rings, J.R.R. Tolkien
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
It has the feel of "It's a Wonderful Life" to me, but with a twist.
Marcy, I was thinking the same thing!! Okay, I'm hooked. This is too good! smile smile smile Chris, this is great... Christmas, alt-world, lonely Clark, Lois-angel... all the makings of something wonderful.... so:

MORE SOON, PLEASE!!!!!!!!

~NICOLE hyper

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
What a great start! I've been looking forward to this "weird" Christimas story, and it's shaping up quite interestingly.

Poor Clark frown

I'm now wondering how on earth this is going to end happily ever after when Lois has wings and flies around in quite a different manner than Clark does.

**~~**

Swoosh --->
Merriwether
Merriwether
Oooh, interesting start! I feel sorry for poor Clark, not only alone, but alone at Christmas.. though not as alone as he thinks! I'm curious how this is going to end up.. I mean, the happy ending is Lois and Clark together, but Lois is dead! curious and curious...

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Loved Lois and her issues with her wings! Very fascinating beginning; I am totally, totally hooked. Can't wait to read more.

Chris
"Superman is a guy who's seen wonders we'll never see and Lois is to him, one of those wonders."
J
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
J
Very promising beginning thumbsup ; I'm hooked and can't wait to see what you're up to. wave

Kerth
Kerth
I wonder what is Lois' boss up to wink

Jose hyper

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Chris, you already know I love this - what an original, fascinating premise! Apart from the idea of Lois as a trainee guardian angel, the fact that she's Watching over Clark, who watches over the entire world but has no-one to take care of him or love him, is so very, very poignant. And beautiful.

There's so much in this first instalment - the over-heavy wings, Lois retaining some things from her mortal life including the ability to recognise a good-looking guy wink - oh, all sorts of things. But this really got me:

Lois found herself frowning. If she was reading the signs correctly, the people of Metropolis took this most amazing of men for granted, assuming that he was at their beck and call. Did they really expect him to drop everything whenever one of them needed something? Expect him to come to rescue them from any mundane inconvenience?

But... He had done nothing to discourage them, had he? He hadn't been called to help the lady with the dog. And she could only suppose that he had willingly agreed to deliver the tree to the orphanage because that had obviously been organised in advance.

In fact, the only person who had called for his help had been the victim of the morning's mugging.

Lois Watched as Superman heard a story on the radio about a fishing trawler that was in trouble two hundred miles out to sea. She Watched as he rescued it and carried it back to its home harbour.

She Watched as he spent some time helping clear up an oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico. She Watched as he gave a talk to a class of pre-schoolers in Philadelphia and another to a class of High School seniors in Richmond, Virginia.

Lois shook her head. Did Superman *have* a life beyond helping people? Was there more to him that that? She had seen no signs of it so far.
How lonely he is. How taken for granted. How alone and sad and very isolated. He has no life; he just exists to rescue other people and fades into the background when he's not needed. He's not a part of anyone's life, really. He has no life. mecry

And that scene at the Planet just highlights the point.

Hurry up and let him meet Lois and make him happy! wildguy

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wow, Chris! You completely drew me in, and that's saying something from someone who usually runs a mile in the other direction as soon as she sees the word 'angel'. laugh This was wonderful, though. As Wendy says, there were such riches - Lois sneezing because of her feather wings (LOL!), all those new terms that were slipped in so naturally (reminding me of a certain Ms Rowling), the idea of Clark as a roaming, anonymous travel writer (so ironic!), and lots, lots more.

This isn't at all weird, just highly imaginative and captivating. More, please!

Yvonne

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wow. Thank you so much for the wonderful comments! As some of the IRC folc know, I've been pretty worried about how people would react to this.

Yeah, right, what should the Daily Planet's number one reporter do in the afterlife but chase after Superman, Watch him and Report, hmm?
Oh, Ann! You made me laugh with this! I hadn't actually thought about it this way, but you're right. Typical Lois! smile

Lois in angelhood is too cute though. She has her work cut out for her, following and Watching this super man. Lucky girl, she gets to Watch him shower! I can't wait to see what happens, this premise is too yummy.
Oh, Chriscy, what a naughty mind you have! wink I'm sure there are rules that stop angels peeking at people in showers. wink

Marcy and Nicole: you both likened this story to It's A Wonderful Life. What if I told you that I'd never seen the film? Plus, from what I've heard about it, I have no plans that this story go in a similar direction?

Hopefully you will stick around, and I will keep you guessing.

Wendy: Lois isn't a guardian angel. wink It's a small point, but an important one. You'll see why later on. Thank you for saying such wonderful things about this story both here and privately. smile

Yvonne: ah hah! Good you hooked have I? Excellent. (I'm rubbing my hands with glee here. Or maybe it's the cold...) You comment about a Miss Rowling is beyond flattering. smile

Karen, Rachel, Maria, Susan, Incognito, Julia and Jose: thank you all for commenting too.

Oh, and one last thing: I'm so glad that people like the bit about Lois's wings. I rather liked that myself.

Part two coming up.

Chris

Merriwether
Merriwether
"In-between?" she asked.
That whole description was very sad. I loved how they thought of him.

I am looking forward to the next part -- of to read. thumbsup

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard