Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Oh, now I get it... The rest of the story will be in Vegas! They'll celebrate being alive, she'll die, the story will end. Okay, okay, I'm with you now. See, I thought we were going to continue to look for a cure for her and save her. But no, this... this is good, too! She's had a good life. Why not?! WENDY!! mad They do not have time for this!!! The woman is running on borrowed time! Not that I don't love the idea of them getting married and confessions of an eternal, undying love; not that I don't like this plot twist, (which I could not have seen coming), but... THEY... DO... NOT... HAVE... TIME... FOR... THIS!!!! I'm not sure if it comes across in my posts, but I am very involved here! Very! And to answer your question, I am not having nightmares anymore, no... but I do think I could be sleeping more peacefully if Lois got an antidote. Thanks for the follow up!! smile

How could I have missed that you'd be doing something like this!!?! I mean, the track record should have prepared me! You threw me under the bus with the gunshot last time, I should have figured a marriage proposal was next. So it's not you, Wendy. It's me. And aside from the fact that I'm still recovering from some kind of angst-whiplash, I loved this part!

there wasn’t anything else for her to do right now. Except wait - wait for Clark, wait for Dr Sutton.

Wait for someone to save her from dying.
Or just wait to die. Waiting... a crucial element of this story. This line stood out to me for that reason. This is absolutely heartwrenching! Lois Lane, waiting around for others to take care of her and fix this situation... it's such a fantastic moment. So sad, of course!! goofy )

She had so little time left, and she wanted to spend it with him. Even if all she could do was curl up in his arms and let him hold her.

Lie in his arms until she slipped away. That sounded so tempting... If she had no choice but to die, that was how she wanted to go.
She loves him so much. This is so sweet!

Ewdin Grifin, scientst and fahter of gunrunner Kyle Griffin, was last night named as the killr of Lois Lane, award-winning invstigatve journaliat at the Dailp Plwnet.
You're killing me, Wendy!

This is a nightmare! But you go through everything, and in such a way that it becomes so horrifyingly real to me!

“Take me away from here, Clark.”
#2 favorite line in the whole section (another tear-jerker, coincidentally... as much as I complain you're killing me, clearly I like it... what is wrong with me??)

she’d just been assuming that Clark would be able to do whatever she wanted on her behalf. That was just plain wrong. Clark should have that right.
And, me thinks he soon will!

Wendy, I can't even really be mad at you! This section was beautiful torture and I am sure with a possible wedding, the next one will be too! But honestly, WHERE is her cure? Should someone fly down to KYLE Griffin and give him like a truth serum or something, find out what he knows? I love weddings. And I cry at weddings. But this is just ridiculous! I really would like to have happy tears at some point in the near future. That's all. Thank you! smile

MORE MORE MORE SOON PLEASE! (I am growing frantically less patient, yes!)

~NICOLE

I do have to add just one thing, in case it wasn't clear... I LOVE that she proposed! She clearly loves him so much and he clearrrly loves her soo much, too! I'm just frantic for a cure!!! A 5 hr. marriage makes it look like Renee Zellweger and Kenny Chesney were lifers!

SOS, Wendy. PLEASE!!!! (STS, too!)

Merriwether
Merriwether
GET BACK HERE GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I NEED MY FIX!!!

Just one or two flakes of something metallic. On the floor, more of the flakes. No doubt shavings from one of the models lying around the place.
You too Clark, get back here and look at this. DUH!!!! It could be something!!!!!!!!!!!

Hehehe *she loves him she loves him* YES!!!

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. hyper

More ASAP, please.

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
My heart goes out to both of them on this very painful and seemingly hopeless time. frown frown hyper

Top Banana
Top Banana
OMG! whinging I didn't see that proposal coming! I went from sad tears to happy ones, then realizing that so much more could happen...to sheer panic!

Please pull me back from the end of my seat...SOON! wallbash

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Features Writer
Features Writer
OMG! HOLY S***T! WAY TO GO WENDY!
keep the story coming.That was so beauitful. clap

I will and always be a big fan of Lois and Clark forever and forever.
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Just a thought here. Seeing that Dr. Sutton is incompetent and has no time for Lois - well, he is, and he doesn't - why doesn't Clark take Lois to Starlabs and Dr. Klein? Am I missing something here? Are we in the alt-universe or something, so that Starlab doesn't exist?

And just so you know, Wendy, you almost killed me with that previous chapter, which ended with a gunshot. I thought for sure that now Lois had been shot as well, and not just poisoned! And just a few days ago, Pam ended a chapter of hers in almost the same way, making me think that Lois would be shot. That's the second time in a week that I've almost been killed by you guys. Reading too much Lois and Clark fanfiction can be hazardous to your health!!! help eek

Good thing that all you FOLCs out there are reminding me with your comments why Wendy's story is so, so darn good that we have to have more of it or we will die anyway, this time of withdrawal symptoms! (And we can sure use more of Pam's story, too!) Thanks in particular to you, Nicole, you said it all. But I side with Terry Leatherwood, too. Maybe that chocolate sundae is just the antidote that Lois needs! goofy

Ann

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wendy! I'm holding it together, but just barely. Alernately loving and hating this story - hating what Lois and Clark are going through, hating the situation, hating the posts that seem to end too soon <g>... but completely loving your writing, the emotion, and that it takes but a split second to draw me back into the story as soon as I begin reading a new post.

Hurry with the next one, please! I'm looking forward to seeing what Clark says back to Lois.

Tracey smile

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
You know, I had a feeling that the end of this section might get some sort of a reaction... smile1 Yes, there are other ways around it - Lois could arrange power of attorney for Clark or, as Susan says, she could write a living will. But those, I guess, just aren't options she would immediately think of. The living will is something she could do herself - Clark would write it for her, true - but would there be questions about whether it was really Lois's wishes? And if she wasn't compos mentis - which would be when it'd need to kick in - she couldn't verify that she drafted it. The power of attorney thing... she'd need to get a lawyer for that, and at 10pm that's not easy.

So she thinks of Las Vegas and a quickie marriage. wink

Aside from your reactions to her proposal, what really made my week with the comments on this section was those of you who commented on the manila folder linking Lois's desk with Clark's. I don't even know where that idea came from. It just appeared out of nowhere when I was writing, and I wasn't sure that anyone else would see it as touching, the way I did. Yvonne, when BRing, loved it. And, Pam, your reaction both here and on IRC made me want to hug you. goofy

Seriously, I love your posts. You make me laugh, you make me blush and you leave me humbled and grateful. Thank you so much.

And, also, thank you to everyone else who's posted comments. all your feedback means so much to me. I don't think I have ever got so much feedback on a story before - certainly not consistently, on every section. And I'm in awe and very, very grateful. You're amazing and I love you all. sloppy

Part 18 coming up in a few minutes.

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Merriwether
Merriwether
I loved the whole manila folder concept. I meant to comment on it, but what usually happens to me is I get so absorbed into the reading that by the time I have to write comments I forget what I just read. I just remember how I feel.

Now that it is at the forefront of my mind:
That part made me get teary and thought it was so sweet and a wonderful touch. It is the little things like that, that people do that are awesome to me.

EDIT --
Part 18 coming up in a few minutes.
ohmyohmyohmyohmyohmy!!!!
party )

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard