Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
I was watching a show originating from Great Britain and a drink called hollux (no idea if this is the right spelling) was mentioned. I looked on the internet using different spellings and the only thing I could find was a GPS. Can someone tell me what this is? It's supposed to be something that can potentiallly aid in sleeping - at least I think I understood that correctly. Thanks!

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Top Banana
Top Banana
It's called Horlicks. It's a malted drink - add water/milk to the powder. As far as it being a sleep aid, I personally think not, but then I require scheduled drugs to make me sleep. It does taste nice though. smile

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thanks! And in the show I saw someone was giving this to their dog. Can't imagine that's good for a dog!

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Horlicks is the classic sleepytime drink, they even advertise it as a bedtime drink. It's warm, milky and malty. When my dad was in hospital recovering from a heart attack, all he wanted was a nice cup of Horlicks. We decided he was regressing to his childhood a bit.

What show were you watching? It's not something you would ever normally give to a dog, were they trying to get the dog to sleep?

Knowledge is knowing that tomatoes are a fruit.

Intelligence is not putting them in a fruit salad.

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard