Hi Barbara!

Here's an adaption of an episode that I find vastly underrepresented in fanfic.
So…

I’m tempted to tease her about it. After all it’s usually just the other way round, and Lois never stays. But even the short trip from the chair to the door has left me thoroughly exhausted.
Hmm…Kryptonite and Lucy…Must be Metallo!

Corben is not exactly the kind of man who likes to be told what to do.
Maybe they should have taken him to a dog-training course? Not that Clark had much luck with his own Mad Dog in that regard…

And as for Lois’ plan, I am pretty sure it involves Superman pulling up some miraculous last-minute saving, despite all odds.
help

I blink, trying to clear the haze and it takes a moment until the fuzzy shade in front of me becomes Lois Lane. “God, Clark, you’re awake!”
Phew. Looks like he still got those jelly balls intact.

It isn’t fair to torture her like this. She saved my life today, Clark’s life. She has saved Superman before. She is my best friend and the woman I love. This is hardly how a beloved one is supposed to be treated.
So, twist?

“Perhaps,” Lois says miserably.

For the moment, she seems to have forgotten about me.
Aaaand we’re back to keeping the secret.

“You really should be seen by a doctor, Sir. Passing out is not to be taken lightly. It could hint to a cardiac problem, rhythm disturbances, you name it,”
Nah, that was just due to the car battery they used to shock him. Or maybe the drowning they attempted. Hitting his head with a baseball bat could also have had detrimental effects. And then there’s the radiation treatment he got. But other than that, nope, he’s just dandy!

The young paramedic explains and swabs the tip of my right index finger with a wet pad. “I’m going to measure your blood sugar now.”
[Linked Image] Right! He hasn’t had a donut in like ages.

“You can hardly stand on your feet, Clark!” Lois argues. “If places were reversed, you’d certainly make me go see a doctor.”
And she’d fight him tooth and nail. Unless he’s Superman.

Twenty minutes later the jeep turns into Clinton Avenue.
[Linked Image] That should be Clinton Street.

As soon as we were alone, Lois compensated for Lucy’s absence with more complaints about my being irresponsible, chicken-hearted and just plain stupid.
laugh

All I can do is hope to survive the fall-out.
Maybe he should start with “Please remember, I’m vulnerable and very weak, so hitting me with hard objects will really cause me injury”?

She has been watching me out of the corner of her eyes throughout the whole ride, probably hoping that I would fall asleep or pass out again.
laugh

Could she ever forgive me if I waited to tell her until after we became lovers?
That’s why he should tell her before he proposes.

“I figure you don’t even need them.”
Well, without them, he’s prone to undress her with his eyes, so, in a way, he does need them.

Lois doesn’t seem to hear me. She isn’t finished yet. “You made me believe you were dead, when Dillinger shot you! But bullets bounce off of you,” she yells.
Maybe two months or so after that incident isn’t the best time to tell her everything…

“I tried, but I couldn’t. Luthor had kryptonite, too. I was powerless.”
Hmm…interesting. It seems that whenever someone dear to Lois is in danger, Clark claims ‘Kryptonite’. Very convenient.
GGGoH: Lois’s work-partner was in danger.
HoL: Lois’s fiancé was in danger.
Metallo: Lois’s sister was in danger.

“On whether I get to kiss Superman,” she says. The smile on her face now threatens to knock me off my feet.
Hmm…That can go either way.

“But I didn’t know that…” Lois defends herself.
That’s not the best excuse…

And now she’ll yell at me and walk past me and there isn’t anything I can do about it. My legs still feel pretty wobbly and I already regret that I started pacing in the first place.
[Linked Image] He could fake a dizzy spell and collapse!

I don’t know how I had ever been able to stop kissing her before. It sure seems like a waste of precious time.
Awwww… all tied up with a nice, tidy bow wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.