Wow, it's been a while since I've ventured deep into S2 /I've been stuck in S1 and S3 for the last couple of years -- long story/ I had *totally* forgotten that ToGoM happened BEFORE Metallo, and I kept thinking... "but wasn't Metallo near the beginning of S2". [Linked Image] So, you're right... This needed to be re-addressed. And clearly, I need to re-watch that episode again. blush

I love Lois's double standard of sending Clark to the ER when she never would have gone, EVEN if Superman had flown her there.

“Jimmy, find a phone, call the police! I'm going for Lucy,” Lois says, flashing me a slightly worried glance. “And you stay here and rest,” she adds, her tone of voice leaving little doubt about this being an order.
I was a little confused at the beginning because I thought she was speaking to Jimmy, not Clark, who I didn't realize was the first person narrator until several paragraphs down. Also, again, I love how Lois gives advice, she herself would never follow. clap

After spending the last few hours right next to a kryptonite powered cyborg, I will not again be so lucky.
I didn't remember him spending that much time with Corban, who I thought left the building after dropping Clark off with Vale et al. /draw box around 'watch Metello' again on my to-do list/

And as for Lois’ plan, I am pretty sure it involves Superman pulling up some miraculous last-minute saving, despite all odds.
Clark, have you met Lois? Superman saving the day is ALWAYS her backup plan. Not that her first plans ever work, but still...

When I met the Cyborg-version of John Corben for the first time, I should have flown off while I still could. Instead I had stayed to fight, which sounded awfully heroic but in fact had been just plain stupid.
I'm going to have to agree with you here, Clark.

My breath still kind of worked back there in Luthor’s cage.
I notice that too when recently rewatching HoL, and wondered about it. Why would his breath remain but not his other abilities? Kind of like how his heat vision disappeared during Ordinary People before he even felt the affects of the Kryptonite.

Taking a deep breath I concentrate even harder, channeling my energy into this one task. My knees buckle, no longer able to support my weight. But it works. Corben is slowing down, the legs of his trousers catch fire and slowly, gradually, his body melts into a silver pool of fluid metal. Black spots dance before my eyes, accumulating to a splitting head-ache. Without another flicker, the beam dies. Vaguely, I feel that I hit the ground. Then everything goes black.
Well described. clap I like how he uses up his energy pack here.

I never wanted to kill him, never wanted it to turn out like this.
Technically, it was Vale who killed him by removing the Kryptonite, but Clark could easily have been an accomplice.

“No, I haven’t seen him, Jimmy. But he must have been here. Who else could have molten the metal? I wonder why he didn’t show up in public.” Lois replies. “I just hope he is okay.”
Remind me again, Superman DID show up in canon right, but just kept his distance?

“So tell me what is it, Clark? What’s wrong with you?” The daggers in Lois eyes demand answers. “See, you can’t say. Just take him with you, it’s not like he could put up a fight!“ she points out, almost yelling at the paramedics and making the younger one jump in his skin.
Like she's given him any time to respond let alone come up with a viable answer. "Um.... It's a sun allergy. If I'm out of the sun for too long, I get all sick and weak. Just lay me on the roof and I'll be right as rain." Hmmmm. Yeah, that would probably just end him up in a psycho ward.

On the way, we dropped Lucy off at the diner. I’m pretty sure, that she would have preferred to go home. But that would have meant listening to her sister’s rant for another ten minutes, which she declined for obvious reasons. According to Lois, Lucy isn’t as grateful for being rid of Corben as she should be. I cannot exactly blame Lucy for making a quick escape.
Ouch! Lois is sounding like her mother.

“On whether I get to kiss Superman,” she says. The smile on her face now threatens to knock me off my feet.
Say, what? clap Well put!

This should have been the happiest days of my life.
/psst./ 'That should have been...' 'This' refers to the present.

I bent forward to kiss her. Though it’s not the first time our lips touch, it certainly feels that way. I feel their warmth, their silky texture before her lips part in response to deepen the kiss. There is nothing but the sweet brush of her tongue against mine, sending shivers down my back. A soft moan escapes her throat as my lips grow hungrier, relishing her creamy taste that I’m already growing addicted to. I don’t know how I had ever been able to stop kissing her before. It sure seems like a waste of precious time.
Awww. What a great ending. clap

I'm glad that Clark has given up his lunkheaded ways to finally tell Lois the truth. What a great roller coaster ride of a story, keeping us on the edge of our seats until the sweet WAFFy end. notworthy

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.