Mouserocks, you did it again, great story! smile1

“I don’t have a nice little happy family like you do.”

He shrugs. “Most people don’t. And my family isn’t exactly normal. I’m an alien, remember?”

“I focus on my work purposely so that I leave no time for anything else.”

“You’re tenacious. I like that.”

“I routinely commit felonies if it’s all that stands between me and my story.”

Clark couldn’t help a wry grin at that one. “You definitely keep me on my toes.”
Banter, when well written is so much fun to read!

“Sure,” he nodded. “I don’t know of many people out there that would want to be with an alien. I can’t blame you if you want a human relationship. Maybe I’d feel the same in your shoes.”

Her heart sunk at his words, and before she could think twice about her words, Lois found herself kneeling in front of him on the floor and grasping his chin firmly. “Clark, no!” His eyes had a hard time meeting hers. “That’s not what I meant at all! Look at me, Clark.”

Finally his chocolate brown gaze met her own, filled with a different sort of pain. She’d had no idea that he’d felt so insecure about himself.

“Then what?” he asked on a whisper.
Honest communication between a man and woman deeply in love can sometimes sting a little, but oh how wonderful when the stinging stops! sloppy

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.