Originally posted by VirginiaR:
Originally posted by KenJ:
[b] If you go back and reread some of the earlier kids stories there are numerous mentions of the cousins being over.
Yes, but there were also mentions about how much they liked how well they looked. (I particularly recall a line in the Jon & Jenn story about the Kent kids liking how good they looked in swimsuits, even the girls.) I could easily see JJ being a bit self-conscious around such well-formed and athletic kids, when he wasn't one.

Kids are cruel, so it was possible that some words were said when the parents weren't around, in what they thought was harmless teasing, but what didn't feel like that to JJ. Just because the parents threw them together all the time, didn't mean they always got along. If the Kent kids ALWAYS behaved (er... Lucy and the Hurricane story... Lucy and diving board story, so I guess not), it wouldn't just be realistic.

I was just teasing you, Ken. I knew that's not what you meant. wink [/b]
When you have a father with Super-hearing, do you ever think "Dad is not around", or do you always act with the assumption he will hear you and scold you for going out of line?

John Pack Lambert