Hi, Lynn
your time-warping, Superman-as-the-origin-of-Santa-Claus spin on things is new to me, and I love the gentle feel of your tale.
This makes 2 of the last three shorts that I’ve done have time elements. I think it’s time to give that a rest.
I don't blame the time travelers for wanting to be there. I'd want to be, too.

Well done.
Thank you.

Virginia,

I have to admit that seeing your reaction drew me out of “Watcher” mode. I had no idea that this story could generate the questions you mentioned. So, here goes:
Clark is so sweet to do this for the children of Metropolis. I'm a bit surprised he would do so as publically as this, or that a fairly synical public <as a world without Santa would be>, who has never heard of Santa Claus would be so willing for such a person to enter their house and leave behind gifts <<especially during Christmas 2001!>>
This is supposed to be our normal, canon LnC universe. They have the same Santa as we do. Superman is doing this in conjunction with the Superman foundation. All the adults know that this is Superman, but that fact would not be advertised to the children of Metropolis. I visualized this as having started as a thing like “toys for tots” where the gifts were only for needy families. The background story that I didn’t include was that when Superman offered to do the “magical” delivery on Christmas Eve, it expanded to include others as well.
This story leaves me with many questions. Is this supposed to be canon Clark, a Clark who is publically Superman, or is this a Clark who is only a private "blury" type of Superman? <<I've seen enough previews of later Smallville seasons to know of "The Blur".>>
No, this is not “The Blur.” In fact, in Smallville S5 “The Blur” hasn’t been invented yet. This is our Metropolis with our well-established Superman. The only Smallville involvement was the episode that provided the idea. It was not my intent to bring any Smallville elements into this story.
If the populous of Metropolis (and the world) know about Superman, and not about Santa, I cannot see how Clark doing this would make such beliefs come about.
They do know about Santa. That’s what makes the temporal causality loop tricky.

If this doesn’t straighten it all out, I’ll be happy to explain some more. (I do love to explain things. smile )
Plus, it gives me an extra lol to think of Lois as Mrs. Claus.
Now THAT is a thought that deserves some consideration.

Bob