Originally posted by Darth Michael:
Actually, I was going for Clark dragging Lana out into night-long walks in the Kansan winter.
Of course you were.

LANA: Like I would do that.

SUPERMAN: I’m a big fan of the Metropolis Metros.
(Incidentally, he did not know that the team is called the Batters in this universe and just associated himself with the Metro-gang)
We're past that stage and the Metros are currently in jail since trying to keep the West River District from Lex... er... Toni Taylor got arrested.

I was *going* for the inciting incident. But Lex could have just jumped off the balcony once Miranda sprayed the news room. Although, it would be awkward if Lex got to Lois before Lois got to Clark.
LEX: Hi, Lois. <<turns head, see Miranda who waves at him>>

LOIS: Ew. That perfume just reaked. Hi Lex.

LEX: How about dinner?

LOIS: No, thanks. I'm eatting with Clark tonight and every night for the rest of my life.

LEX: confused Why?

LOIS: He has abs. You don't. There are things one can't buy.

/interprets this as the villain has kinkier encounters than the hero/ Which is also why the girls always fall for the villain and then the hero has to kill the villain and steal the girl.
CLARK: <<shrugs adorably>> Them's the breaks. I do okay.

CAT: [Linked Image]

It’s great fun, though. It’s like real world politics set in the middle ages.
They didn't have RL politics in the middle ages?

Because objects of various car-sizes would keep dropping from the sky to the left and right of Lex?
LOIS: Did Clark just blame *me* for the curse?

LEX: Yes, yes he did.

CLARK: I did not! ER had it right. Luhtor just can't handle the plague of falling cars that Lois seems to attract. I can.

LOIS: No, you can't. You'd be squished like a worm.

CLARK: blush Right. Sorry. My bad. Hmmmm. Maybe you should date Superman after all.

CLARK: Superman! /pounds own chest/
LOIS: eek
CLARK: blush
clap

Sorry about the delayed response. I've been busy working on my uncoming Kerth quiz, and got distracted by a new comic strip I found. JL8 Thread

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.