The door slammed, shaking the house. The potato Martha was peeling flew from her hands as she jumped at the sound.

Goodness, I hope Clark leaves the house in one piece, she mused to herself as she once more picked up the vegetable and rinsed off the skin peels that had managed to stick to it after it fell.
Teenage Clark?

Martha gave a brief glance to the table just to make sure nothing had happened to it,
hyper

"Dad! I have a bone to pick with you!"
[Linked Image]

"Oh, you mean like how I was sort of in the middle of something last night when I was undercover at the Senator's ball and you called me out?! Are you in the middle of something like that?"
Oops? Is that like Crush, only gone bad? Was she there undercover as a fille de joie trying to get the goods?

Clark's brain and mouth hadn't quite caught up with each other yet. "You work at the Daily Planet?"
Zing!

Clark nearly shrank back at another rebuff. "Nothing. I always wanted to work there when I was growing up. Spent my first two years of college majoring in journalism."
And then he chose to waste his life.

"Firecracker," Clark murmured mostly to himself, still gazing off in her general direction.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.