So, Tempus is trying to change Utopia by sending Clark into a different field of study, where he couldn't possibly run into one beautiful brunette reporter with both professional and personal relationships in science. Maybe if Tempus got Clark's high school sweet heart pregnant, he wouldn't meet Lois, but that's no guarauntee, either.

Why do I have this strange feeling that Clark just happened to "find" his globe several weeks before because of Mr. Tempus being in dimension? Coincidence? I think not.

What is Mr. Wells doing working with Sam Lane? Did he just give Clark a personal recommendation? Did he tell Sam Lane that he'd have a better relationship with his daughter, be an even well-known scientist, and be one of the creators of a future Utopia, if he hired Clark Kent? Or did he just promise him a ride on a time machine?

Yes, I could see Sam call out to Lois from across a crowded party and out her undercover work. smile1

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.